Programmes To Watch

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I like old film 1957, old as us. Watched Fogo Inn in Life beyond the lobby - really admire the lady's ethics. It seems to be an uphill battle. If you were young, would you like to be marooned in a cold and remote island like that? Good place for children to grow up though.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Of course, but the programme was made in summer and still it's cold. Giles and Monica got really wrapped up. Basically, the community needs the inn as the inn helps the community by giving them a job.. Such a nice lady, Zita is her name! HELLO, ZITA! You're my heroine!

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
TONIGHT
Bbc4. 8pm Eurovision song contest semi-finals.2 parts.
Mel Giedroyc and Scott Mills present from the international Exhibition Center in Keiv,Ucraine.as the first group compete for a place in Saturday's final.
There's so many countries that they have to do this. They say politics doesn't come into it, but it does.

Bbc4 10pm. Joy of ABBA.
Exploring how abba raised the bar for pop in the 1970s and early 80s.

They always show them at the time of Eurovision.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
TOMORROW Wendnesday 10th may
Bbc2. 9pm King Charles the 111
Tim Pigott Smith, who died last month. Reprised his stage role as the new monarch Charles the 111 in this thriller-come-family drama.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Just watched Amazing hotels beyond the lobby. A hotel made of ice, people sleep over night in the ice hotel. Bed made of ice, fur covering it with sleeping bags and thermals.brrr:eek:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I must download this. I'm not sure I want to stay in a hotel made of ice!

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Just watched trust me I'm a vet, they were saying that a raw food diet wasn't any better than a dry and tinned food, but with raw meat you have to be careful handling it and don't let your dog lick your face, because of bacteria in the meat.
Over weight dogs are very common, they did a experiment 2 groups of dogs. 1 group went on a dried food diet and the other just had more exercise. The group that had the diet lost more weight than the other.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Interesting observations. I was catching up with The Beechgrove Garden and it was snowing in Scotland. I bet tonight's series will be warm and sunny.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I have been downloading the programme. Catching up with The Reluctant Fundamentalist. Funny that the guy preaches violence and doesn't like it when his house is ransacked. And the sheer vanity and callousness of making money from another company in far flung Philippines.

It's so humiliating to be examined by the border controls though. Why can't they have a human scanner rather than violating another person's body? When I was patted down by a woman security when visiting the Parliament, I felt so humiliated. The white woman before me went in without being checked and I nearly wanted to call that woman security officer a qu***. It was so unnecessary to pat my boobs so passionately! :eek::eek:

Last edited:

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
TONIGHT
Bbc1 8-11.25pm Eurovision song contest:Grand Final.
Last year's winning country, Ukraine, hosts tonight's competition at the international exhibition centre at Kiev. Former X-factor contestant Lucie Jones represents the United Kingdom singing Never Give Up On You.

Channel 4
9pm 12years a Slave.****
Period drama based on a true story.
Solomon Nortup is a black man living free with his family in 1800s New York, that is until he is kidnapped and sold to a plantation owner in the deep south. Escape is never far from his mind, but as the years pass by his resolve is sorely tested

If you like Kate Bush
Bbc4 11.35pm The Kate Bush story:
Running up that hill.
12.35pm Kate Bush at the Bbc
I won't be watching it, OH can't stand her voice, it's too high for him.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ask a Question