Privacy fence

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
They have had the same thing the slats expand and shrink and fall out .Wood here pressure or cedar dries out so fast and even staining does not work .If you just put waterproofing on them they turn black

j.w

Reaction score
Here the wood ones work fine as we don't have all the heat but they need to be treated or they will rot cuz of all the rain I suspect. We don't have a fence on our property just 80 Arborvitae trees along our side of the road. Makes nice privacy and home for the birdies to nest. Here's half of them the others are on the other side of the driveway. We shear them off at the top each winter cuz in the winter I like to be able to swish the snow off to help them not break or bend. So far so good!
IMG_1026.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
yeh lol we saw the swishing of snow off them .

Reaction score
Probably no point in me replying to this thread as fencing is different here more often than not but........
You can do it in a hardwood, will last years.
You can do it in "super six"...a James Hardy product here, maybe you have it in the US as well...not sure. Lasts for many years....probably outlast yourself...:(
You can do it in metal....called "colourbond" here, also lasts for many years.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Our old farm fencing is lotus wood, that stuff is tough. A few places it has fallen down, snow load with honeysuckle, now just have a honeysuckle fence, well mixed with poison ivy.

Ask a Question