Post Stroke gardening

Reaction score
Country
United States
A few weeks ago I had two strokes. I have almost no use of my right side (my hand being the worst) I had few things I had grown from seed that hadn't yet been moved into beds. Most of my 50+ tomatoes had not yet been staked. Weeds get out of control faster than my husband can get them. I'm not much help right now. I LOVED being in my garden, it's my happy place, I'm normally a very active person. I just wondered if anyone gardens post stroke and if you had ideas for making it easier.
It's a little more grown up and green now than in the picture.
IMG-2423a.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United States
I love your garden. Sorry to hear about your stroke friend. The most helpful thing is to get up early and get out early to start in the garden. Take only one chore at a time and finish every chore you start before starting another. Most important is to deep breathe while you are outdoors. Take breaks every few minutes and make sure you are close to something to grab when deep breathing. Lastly, friend just take one day at a time and don't worry about tomorrow or yesterday. Remember all conditions are impermanent and will change at some point and we are all just passing thru.

Ask a Question