Post office suggestion.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

A small world indeed Ian. I used to despatch many electric motors to a company in Cramlington and we have vintage radio friends up there as well.

http://www.openinghourspostoffice.c...n (Northumberland)/NE23 6RZ/Cramlington/17792

When I started this thread I hadn't a clue any of the big supermarkets had a post office but a quick browse shows Asda has a number of post offices so my idea isn't unique after all but I do hope our local Morrison's will open a post office in the near future.

What a great forum; I'm sure it can compete with Wiki for information? (y)

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8B
Country
United Kingdom
What a small world, that's the town I grew up in! I used to live in Beaconhill, very close to that Asda!
It is a small world although I lived in Cramlington for a good while and lived in the North East for 45 years, now just down the road from Cramlington in Wideopen . Noticed Colin lives in Huddersfield , I supported Huddersfield Town in my teens no dought Colin remembers Batley variety club and Wakefield theatre club had some great nights at both Born in Batley .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Colin, our postmistress told me about a rooster that was shipped to a local farmer. The rooster would not shut up, and the postal employees had to put up with his incessant crowing until the farmer came in mid-afternoon to pick him up. Our rural post offices have a lot of interesting tales to tell!
I take a big plate of cookies to them around Christmas time--they have a heavier work load then, and are still recovering from the rooster incident.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Thanks Zenj; yes what memories; Batley Variety Club used to have all the top performers on stage in its day and the building still remains but I'm unsure what it's called these days; it's over 40 years ago I was in there the last time it being Engelbert Humperdinck on stage. I was always a bit out of place not being a drinker so I was sober watching the idiots make a fool of themselves; I was useful though acting as taxi driver. I didn't bother with Wakefield Theatre Club though. I lived with my parents in Middlestown at the time then I married Bron and gained a brilliant loving wife plus a great deal of common sense. (y)

What a lovely story marlingardener; thanks for sharing. The postal workers must have a lot more patience than I have though; I'd have slapped a gagging order on the rooster in the form of two hands placed very tightly around its neck. :D

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8B
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Colin
For me The Bachelors and Cloda Rodgers Charlie Williams and the Barron Knights . queued all day for my boss tickets for Shirley Bassey happy days.

Ask a Question