Compost spreaders?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I have a small 22" drop spreader, and I saw a drum roller made of screen that unrolls a perfect layer of manure compost that I want for Christmas. I had been shoveling and raking before. The front lawn is near 35k square feet so manual methods are taxing unless that kind of project is something you have plenty of time to do. What is a good way to get a consistent layer of compost? Here is that roller. It looks like a better system than my scotts drop spreader.

Screenshot_20181130-062954.png

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
DM, I have been toying with the idea of getting one of the cheapie wood chippers and modifying the discharge chute so the chipped material would be blown out uniformly over a wide area. This may also work for compost.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
DM, I have been toying with the idea of getting one of the cheapie wood chippers and modifying the discharge chute so the chipped material would be blown out uniformly over a wide area. This may also work for compost.
I have a chipper and while it would spread, it would be in a plume shape, and thin or thick as the exiting air volumes decrease.

Volume is a thing too. You can see what I am thinking with this current setup. I can barely fit 1 bag.
IMG_20181128_161640.jpg

Ask a Question