Please safe my boss's plant

Reaction score
Country
Austria
So some weeks ago my boss asked me if I could water her plant while she is in vacation. I didn't thought much of it and said yes. Some weeks later and the plant doesnt look really good... What is wrong with the plant/What am I doing wrong?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Stop over-watering or under-watering your plant. Maybe only one time a week. Use your finger and stick it between the pot and the soil and feel the soil. If it's wet on top don't water, check back in a few days. If your soil is dry and the plant is very lightweight then water. Don't leave it in a drain tray with water in the tray. Lastly don't move it around they like to stay put in one spot.

Reaction score
Country
Austria
Stop over-watering or under-watering your plant. Maybe only one time a week. Use your finger and stick it between the pot and the soil and feel the soil. If it's wet on top don't water, check back in a few days. If your soil is dry and the plant is very lightweight then water. Don't leave it in a drain tray with water in the tray. Lastly don't move it around they like to stay put in one spot.

Well I may or may not did. a mistake. I watered it with much water today, even though the soil wasn’t dry. You also said: Don't leave it in a drain tray with water in the tray.

I actually was doing that but since you wrote that, I removed it so thank you buddy. About one week it was very dry so it got way much water. How bad is it that I watered it with much water even though the soil wasn’t dry??

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well I may or may not did. a mistake. I watered it with much water today, even though the soil wasn’t dry. You also said: Don't leave it in a drain tray with water in the tray.

I actually was doing that but since you wrote that, I removed it so thank you buddy. About one week it was very dry so it got way much water. How bad is it that I watered it with much water even though the soil wasn’t dry??
Let it dry out now and check back in 4 or 5 days. Use your finger to feel the top inch or so.

Ask a Question