Please help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
I have a garden which is extremely overgrown: grass, weeds, stinging nettles etc. Im confused because there is tiles across most of the garden and i thought weeds/grass only grow between paving but in this garden theres really dense grass + weeds all over the paving - you wouldnt be able to tell there are tiles in this garden..
I've mowed the garden with a lawn mower but it still looks really bad and i cant see the tiles clearly still - theres a raised layer all over the tiles. what am i doing wrong?

Reaction score
Country
Canada
You need to remove the roots/plants growing over the tiles either by hand or tool like a spade. Then remove the roots/plants growing inbetween the tiles. Or use a tiger torch (landscapers torch) to burn it all off, that would be the easy way. You should fill the cracks between the tiles with sand but eventually it will still grow back so having the torch will make life easier for you when it does.

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Meanwhile in Australia. I am in wonder. Are there really people in the world that would need help from you about removing weeds between the cracks in paving?
I mean, surely you must be the Messiah.

Matthew 13:24-20:20​

The Parable of the Weeds​

24 Jesus told them another parable: “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field. But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat, and went away. When the wheat sprouted and formed heads, then the weeds also appeared.
“The owner’s servants came to him and said, ‘Sir, didn’t you sow good seed in your field? Where then did the weeds come from?’
“‘An enemy did this,’ he replied.
“The servants asked him, ‘Do you want us to go and pull them up?’
“‘No,’ he answered, ‘because while you are pulling the weeds, you may uproot the wheat with them. Let both grow together until the harvest. At that time I will tell the harvesters: First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles to be burned; then gather the wheat and bring it into my barn.’”

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United States
A weed trimmer or weed-eater is what you need to cut the grass off the tiles. A lawn more on the lowest setting and a weed eater or trimmer is the only way without using herbicides. Never let the weeds go to seed or you will keep having the problem year after year.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Meanwhile in Australia. I am in wonder. Are there really people in the world that would need help from you about removing weeds between the cracks in paving?
I mean, surely you must be the Messiah.

kooe0.jpg

Ask a Question