Disease of the mango tree. Please advise

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Please help me find out what is happening to my mango tree. The last two shoots are significantly different from the previous ones. They grew discolored, especially the last one. And now the tips of the leaves on the last shoot have begun to curl inward and become covered with asymmetrical spots.
The tree is 1 year and 4 months old, sprouted from a seed.
How can I help the tree?
photo1689411932 (2).jpeg
photo1689411932.jpeg
photo1689411932 (1).jpeg

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes, its an easy fix friend. Your plant has been living in that pot for a year and 4 months. Every time you water the plant and allow discharge you lose nutrients out of the bottom. Plus the plant filled up the container with roots and took all the soil nutrients the soil has to give.

If possible use the original potting mix that the plant is in now or the same type. Very gently tip the plant out of the container and gently loosen the soil free without damaging the roots. Then take new fresh soil and use the same container and fill the container with the plant in the pot. Don't pack the soil with your hands just allow the water to seat the soil. Lastly, make sure you don't plant the plant too deep in the container than it was planted before. It may droop for a few days just let it recover in the same location it grows in.

Reaction score
Country
United States
If you put your plant in a larger pot you will increase the amount of water the plant normally uses. If that is the case then decrease the watering frequency or only water the inner implant until it adjusts.

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Yes, its an easy fix friend. Your plant has been living in that pot for a year and 4 months. Every time you water the plant and allow discharge you lose nutrients out of the bottom. Plus the plant filled up the container with roots and took all the soil nutrients the soil has to give.

If possible use the original potting mix that the plant is in now or the same type. Very gently tip the plant out of the container and gently loosen the soil free without damaging the roots. Then take new fresh soil and use the same container and fill the container with the plant in the pot. Don't pack the soil with your hands just allow the water to seat the soil. Lastly, make sure you don't plant the plant too deep in the container than it was planted before. It may droop for a few days just let it recover in the same location it grows in.
Thank you very much for your valuable advice!
I planned to transplant the plant into a larger pot in the spring, but the plant entered an active growth phase after winter, so I was afraid to harm it by transplanting.

I'm already rushing to buy a larger pot and a fresh portion of soil and will start transplanting ASAP.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank you very much for your valuable advice!
I planned to transplant the plant into a larger pot in the spring, but the plant entered an active growth phase after winter, so I was afraid to harm it by transplanting.

I'm already rushing to buy a larger pot and a fresh portion of soil and will start transplanting ASAP.
Please be careful buying a large pot because if you put more soil in a larger pot than the plant is already used to you will overwater it. Keep the size pot as close to the original so the plant doesn't get over-watered.

Ask a Question