Need product recommendations to manage a mango disease tree.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello,
I need help to manage my mango disease tree. What do you guys recommend me buying to cure the tree? Also what steps to take to cure the tree. I'm currently living in South Florida.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello,
I need help to manage my mango disease tree. What do you guys recommend me buying to cure the tree? Also what steps to take to cure the tree. I'm currently living in South Florida.
We need pictures to determine what disease the tree has.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Also, would it help using Citrus avocado and mango fertilizer?
If the tree is young, less than 2 years old, it is very susceptible to the use of too much fertilizer and fertilizer burn. The leaves in the pics show no need for additional fertilizer

Reaction score
Country
United States
If the tree is young, less than 2 years old, it is very susceptible to the use of too much fertilizer and fertilizer burn. The leaves in the pics show no need for additional fertilizer
Thanks greatly appreciate all the help. I went to Facebook , Reddit, and other forums and you the only that gave me suggestions. Also, I added more pictures with the imgur link and more details about the situation. The tree was already there when I bought the house. The tree is full grown and The house is 70 years old. I assume tree was planted when the house was built. Also, I was using citrus avocado and mango fertilizer, bayer advanced disease control, and neem oil extract. The reason I use this products on the tree because a worker at home-depot recommend me to use. Do you suggest to use only the neem oil?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Thanks greatly appreciate all the help. I went to Facebook , Reddit, and other forums and you the only that gave me suggestions. Also, I added more pictures with the imgur link and more details about the situation. The tree was already there when I bought the house. The tree is full grown and The house is 70 years old. I assume tree was planted when the house was built. Also, I was using citrus avocado and mango fertilizer, bayer advanced disease control, and neem oil extract. The reason I use this products on the tree because a worker at home-depot recommend me to use. Do you suggest to use only the neem oil?
[/QUO
After looking at the pictures I think I know what is wrong but hopefully I am mistaken. I think the tree has a serious disease called Colletotrichum gleosporioides (anthracnose). What you must do is go to or call the extension agent where you live and have him look at the tree to make sure what the problem is

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey, you are right. I contact extension agent and this what she wrote . thanks for the help.

“Hello,

Thank you for contacting us. Plant diseases are not curable, they can only be controlled. In the case of anthracnose, the recommendation is to use a copper fungicide on a weekly basis. However, if your tree already has fruit , as can be seen from the photo, it is too late. You should not spray the fruit. Next year at the begging of the season, you should begin spraying as the tree begins to bud, and you should continue weekly treatments for about 4 weeks.

Anthracnose is very common in South Florida. After harvest if you have anthracnose on the leaves you can use copper fungicide to control it as well. Also make sure you are not over-watering and that the tree is getting plenty of light and air circulation. You need to thin out the canopy at the end of the season. I have linked a fact sheet that also describes the treatment recommendations for anthracnose and other mango diseases.”

https://sfyl.ifas.ufl.edu/media/sfy...seases/Mango-Disease-Cntrl-HomeownersF.S..pdf

Ask a Question