Need help on Lotus

Reaction score
Country
India
Hi

I need some help / suggestions for Growing lotus.

I have few Water lilly and one Lotus plant. I have some guppy-fish in each of these to make sure there is no Mosquitoes.
Water lilly at least gives flower every now and then. But the lotus plant is more than 2 years old and till now have not given any flowers.

There are lots of leaves of Lotus which has comes above water. Fertilizing i tried with NPK mixture by putting it in a paper and burying inside. But still no flower. I cant directly put it in water becuase fish.

What do you suggest for making Lotus flower?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Lotus need at least 5+ hours of DIRECT sunlight to grow and bloom. If your lotus is only getting late afternoon sunlight, the rays of the sun are too weak for your lotus to bloom. Try relocating your lotus container to a sunnier spot, making sure to not disturb the tuber or roots. Not enough sun will cause no blooms. I hope that helps and happy gardening.

Reaction score
Country
India
I have kept in the place where all other water lilies are present. It gets sunlight from morning till around 12noon.
Since other lillies are blooming, i thought it shoud be good enough. Will try to change the Location to get more sunlight and see

Ask a Question