Two flowering plants/weeds need identification

Reaction score
Country
United States
OK, this is 3 pictures of 2 different kinds of plants. The first picture, with the pink/purple flower is something I only have one of, so I think it might be a keeper, but I have no idea what it is.

The other two pictures are of plant (with the serrated leaves) that I have tons of, so I think it's a weed. I found one with flowers (white) and one without (where you can see the leaf shape better). Anyone know what these are? Neither plant is problematic from what I can tell , but I'd like to know if they are invasive or not, so I'd know how much effort to put into getting rid of them.

IMG_7514.JPG
IMG_7513.JPG
IMG_7512.JPG

Ad

Advertisements

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think you're right about the geranium. I'm not sure about the violet. The leaves seem a little different from the pictures I'm seeing online. Also from the pictures, violet flowers have 5 petals. The one flower I got in well in the picture has 4 petals (although the one that's not so clear does look like it may have 5). (I took that picture while I was out on a walk. I guess I'll have to let some in my yard bloom to see how many petals it actually has).

Ask a Question