Disease affected Mango Tree!

Reaction score
Country
India
Hey Guys,
I am new to this forum. I live in India and I have five Mango trees and a single mango plant. We water the plants everyday and supply it with natural fertilizers from time to time. But out of the five, one has been diseased. I have uploaded an image indicating the four stages of the disease, which is mainly observed in the mango fruit and beginning symptoms in raw mango. So I would like your help guys. I would like to know, how to treat the diseased plant, guys. By the way, the other trees which receive the same shelter bear very good fruits. Thanks in advance for your help.

Attachments

• Mango.jpg
    Mango.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 592
Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hey Guys,
I am new to this forum. I live in India and I have five Mango trees and a single mango plant. We water the plants everyday and supply it with natural fertilizers from time to time. But out of the five, one has been diseased. I have uploaded an image indicating the four stages of the disease, which is mainly observed in the mango fruit and beginning symptoms in raw mango. So I would like your help guys. I would like to know, how to treat the diseased plant, guys. By the way, the other trees which receive the same shelter bear very good fruits. Thanks in advance for your help.
Do you have pictures of the outside skin of the fruit? This looks like insect damage such as stink bug does to a tomato. If you look closely at the skin do you see any blemishes or tiny tiny holes?

Reaction score
Country
India
Do you have pictures of the outside skin of the fruit? This looks like insect damage such as stink bug does to a tomato. If you look closely at the skin do you see any blemishes or tiny tiny holes?
The outer surface of the mango looks appealing and beautifully colored with no blemishes or pores( tiny holes). Actually, we were fooled by the outer appearance at first and then cut open the fruit to realize that the condition was worse. And this occurs unanimously to every fruit of the tree.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
The outer surface of the mango looks appealing and beautifully colored with no blemishes or pores( tiny holes). Actually, we were fooled by the outer appearance at first and then cut open the fruit to realize that the condition was worse. And this occurs unanimously to every fruit of the tree.
If the fruit is blemish free and the leaves of the tree are not showing signs of a fungal infection, I am clueless. I would take a fruit to a professional where you live.

Reaction score
Country
India
If the fruit is blemish free and the leaves of the tree are not showing signs of a fungal infection, I am clueless. I would take a fruit to a professional where you live.

There is no blemish on the fruits, but is in some rare cases in fruits. However, blemishes in leaves is prominent. Like the image below. Thanks for your replies @Chuck . I will contact a Farm house as soon as possible.

Attachments

• Mango leaf damaged by leaf gall fly. A. M. Varela, icipe.jpg
    Mango leaf damaged by leaf gall fly. A. M. Varela, icipe.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 856
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
There is no blemish on the fruits, but is in some rare cases in fruits. However, blemishes in leaves is prominent. Like the image below. Thanks for your replies @Chuck . I will contact a Farm house as soon as possible.
Uh oh, that looks like it might be anthracnose. Find out if it is....QUICKLY

Ask a Question