Plant or tree you wish to have but doesn't grow in your place?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I love "Lily of the valley" but unfortunately they cannot survive in Hot Indian climate! :(
What's yours?

Reaction score
Unbelievable that Lily of the Valley won't grow for you, it grows like a weed in Connecticut! It does love the humid weather that we have here during the summer. I have trouble with lavender, it grows during the summer but I generally lose a number of plants in the winter. I would love to be able to have a banana tree but its too cold for it during the winter months.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Unbelievable that Lily of the Valley won't grow for you, it grows like a weed in Connecticut! It does love the humid weather that we have here during the summer. I have trouble with lavender, it grows during the summer but I generally lose a number of plants in the winter. I would love to be able to have a banana tree but its too cold for it during the winter months.
Oh..I wonder if Lavender will grow here? My aunt has lots of Banana trees in her back yard.If and only if you could grow bananas there and lily of the valley here :( .Anywhz' Happy gardening! :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I love Jacaranda trees. I find them the most beautiful! I have a whole folder of pictures of them on my computer and I look at them often:love: Unfortunately, they don't grow in my climate zone, I've never seen them in person:cry:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I love Jacaranda trees. I find them the most beautiful! I have a whole folder of pictures of them on my computer and I look at them often:love: Unfortunately, they don't grow in my climate zone, I've never seen them in person:cry:
Same here! I would love to see Jacarandas and Weeping willows here. They are such beautiful trees!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
A wisteria tree. I've been dreaming of having one of those trees for a really long time, but I don't have enough space to grow one. I might once I move to my own place in Holland tho :)
I don't there's a tree named 'Wisteria' till now! It is absolutely beautiful! Happy Gardening! :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Same here! I would love to see Jacarandas and Weeping willows here. They are such beautiful trees!
They are, aren't they?:love: I love everything about Jacarandas. In my opinion there is nothing more beautiful than a blooming jacaranda (except for a blooming miniature rose:love:)
As for Weeping willows, I feel very fortunate, because they grow in my area:D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
They are, aren't they?:love: I love everything about Jacarandas. In my opinion there is nothing more beautiful than a blooming jacaranda (except for a blooming miniature rose:love:)
As for Weeping willows, I feel very fortunate, because they grow in my area:D
Yeah,I agree. Haha..I have a miniature rose plant in my apartment too,they are just so AWESOME!Oh..glad to know. :D

Reaction score
I don't there's a tree named 'Wisteria' till now! It is absolutely beautiful! Happy Gardening! :)

Yeah, I know :) When I first learnt there is a tree named that way I was blown away, lol. The name sounds like a name Tim Burton would use to name one of his films. Wisterias don't only have a very original name... they also happen to have really interesting looks as well:

20-Wisteria-Tunnel.jpeg

1303733663_dsc04529.jpg

Reaction score
I have always wanted to grow an olive tree. I believe it is too cold here to grow them and I certainly know of no one growing them. I am not even sure what raw olives from the tree taste like or whether they need to be processed. Nonetheless, if I could have an olive tree in the front yard, I think it would be cool.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Yeah,I agree. Haha..I have a miniature rose plant in my apartment too,they are just so AWESOME!Oh..glad to know. :D
Miniature roses are my favorite plants, I love them with all my heart:D:love: What color is your rose?

Trellum, I adore these pictures of Wisteria! This is how heaven should look like!:D;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Yeah, I know :) When I first learnt there is a tree named that way I was blown away, lol. The name sounds like a name Tim Burton would use to name one of his films. Wisterias don't only have a very original name... they also happen to have really interesting looks as well:

20-Wisteria-Tunnel.jpeg

1303733663_dsc04529.jpg
"The name sounds like a name Tim Burton would use to name one of his films" LOL!! By the way,they are beautiful,Thank you for the pics! :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I have always wanted to grow an olive tree. I believe it is too cold here to grow them and I certainly know of no one growing them. I am not even sure what raw olives from the tree taste like or whether they need to be processed. Nonetheless, if I could have an olive tree in the front yard, I think it would be cool.
Oh well, I've always wanted to grow an Olive tree and I remember asking my dad if we could grow one and he was like "It doesn't grow here!". That was a while ago.Happy Gardening! :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Miniature roses are my favorite plants, I love them with all my heart:D:love: What color is your rose?

Trellum, I adore these pictures of Wisteria! This is how heaven should look like!:D;)
I have an orange one! Actually,I didn't know it's a miniature rose plant when I bought it. So it's first bloosom was a surprise. :D

Ask a Question