Planting a tree with a placenta...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
This may be gross to some but I saved my placenta from my home birth in the freezer. Could I plant it with a tree? I'm wanting to plant an apple tree this spring. Has anyone ever done that?

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Whoa! I have heard of some woman fishing her placenta from the TOILET BOWL and then cooked it and ate it! That's quite gory! The toilet pan can't be 100% clean!

If you want to do it, why not? It's might be very nutritious to the plant. I bet it must be full of nutrients or it was full of nutrients. It can't harm the tree. Part of us ..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Ingesting a placenta encourages lactation in mammals but I don't know what it would do to a tree if anything. I wouldn't think it would have much or any NPK

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
You might find this article interesting

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-27307476

Not plant related though. When you first thought of keeping the placenta, what did you want to do with it? You don't have to answer that if it is a bit unconventional.

Until there is a scientific study of the ingredients of a placenta, we may not know of its benefits to human or plants.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
You might find this article interesting

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-27307476

Not plant related though. When you first thought of keeping the placenta, what did you want to do with it? You don't have to answer that if it is a bit unconventional.

Until there is a scientific study of the ingredients of a placenta, we may not know of its benefits to human or plants.
Whoa! I have heard of some woman fishing her placenta from the TOILET BOWL and then cooked it and ate it! That's quite gory! The toilet pan can't be 100% clean!

If you want to do it, why not? It's might be very nutritious to the plant. I bet it must be full of nutrients or it was full of nutrients. It can't harm the tree. Part of us ..

lol that's taking it a little too far but I did ingest a little bit to increase vitamins and lactation which was terrible!! . I saved it to eat but couldn't get through more than 3 bites so I froze it and forgot about it. Ty for link!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
lol that's taking it a little too far but I did ingest a little bit to increase vitamins and lactation which was terrible!! . I saved it to eat but couldn't get through more than 3 bites so I froze it and forgot about it. Ty for link!

Hopefully, some resourceful lady can come up with some yummy recipes for this purpose. You never know when this may catch on. Perhaps with Parmesan Reggiano Cheese or Balti mix! LOL!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
Our ancestors in the old days in Russia buried the placenta under the fruit trees. It was believed that the placenta will protect this child, and in the aftermath of an adult person all his life. It was buried by the umbilical cord upwards.

The tree was becoming a place of power for this man. Every tree had its own meaning.

By the way, old people said that the fruits of this tree turned out to be especially juicy and tasty, because the placenta, decomposing in the earth, acts as a natural fertilizer and fills up the plant with its energy.

But this is just a historical fact. :)

Now the placenta remains in the hospital and is used to make cosmetic products.

Ask a Question