piedmont area of NC

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
does anybody live near SOUTHERN PINES - PINEHURST - I LIVE IN PINEBLUFF and it gets really hot here sun 24/7 - moved here from NY and we now can plant 1 month earlier do you think i mcan go with cold crops REAL SOOOON ???

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
live about 1.25 hours north of you...gso
hoping to put all mine in this weekend..... old man winter has lost it's grip early this year...
going to be rebuilding some of my raised bed and doing some direct seeding as well...

if the weather holds might be able to turn the main garden as well

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
live about 1.25 hours north of you...gso
hoping to put all mine in this weekend..... old man winter has lost it's grip early this year...
going to be rebuilding some of my raised bed and doing some direct seeding as well...

if the weather holds might be able to turn the main garden as well
suppose to be near 80 all next week you might be right - i put shade over my raised beds makes a big difference - maybe next week i`ll start the garden - how did you get MAJORCATFISH do you fish [ my big hobby ]

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
got most of the chores done today..... doubled planted the peas<peas on both sides of the soaker hose this time..
SANY0050.JPG

did a quick till of the main garden....hope to get another in tomorrow before the rain.
SANY0048.JPG

rebuilt 2 of the 4 beds and amended 5 beds. they are ready for seed popping going to do that tomorrow.
lowes screwed up and sent crooked lumber so sent back some to be replaced "no politicians allowed here"
SANY0052.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
suppose to be near 80 all next week you might be right - i put shade over my raised beds makes a big difference - maybe next week i`ll start the garden - how did you get MAJORCATFISH do you fish [ my big hobby ]

my handle of majorcatfish...
it goes back about 10 years while going catfishing with a friend at buggs island. hooked a 82 lbs blue cat, once on the boat he said that's a "major catfish" and ever since thats been my handle. i prefer crappie over catfish...

Ask a Question