In this 2 1/2 ft. X 3 ft. area......

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
........I have planted 48 Moringa (a.k.a....Drumstick tree, Miracle tree) tree seeds. Since the tree doesn't tolerate temps below 40° very well, I am growing them as an annual...in which instance, they can be planted as close as 4". The health benefits of their leaves is "off the chain".
20180609_085211.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
David, I don’t know when your first frost date is but are you going to have enough time for them to germinate and grow leaves to make it worthwhile?
Not sure..... with it being "so late", now, this is basically a "test run" for next year on what to expect on germination and growth rate. Would be great to, possibly, get some leaves to sample, if only a few. I'm pretty bad about running 8 degrees off center when it comes to trying gardening adventures that seems to defy "established" gardening protocol, anyway.....you never know until you try.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
UPDATE # 2.......Day 16 (from seed planting)......STILL, only 10 of 48 seeds planted, came up......not very good, percentage-wise, but, to me, the growth rate of what DOES germinate outweighs that.
20180625_150427.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I actually bought two small Moringa trees (each about a foot high{30.5cm}). They didn't do too well in the beginning, mainly because it was so cold for so long into this year, but finally warmed up and they are now growing pretty well, although one is growing twice as fast, it's at four ft (122 cm) and the other is at two ft (61 cm)tall -- don't know what';s up with that....

Here's some pics, ignore the cantaloupe vine growing up the tall one.[/ATTACH]
005.JPG
006.JPG
007.JPG
008.JPG

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    293.6 KB · Views: 305
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
United States
moringa powder is in high demand these days because of its health benefits! The bearing fruit or is it a vegetable? We use the drumsticks in a traditional South Indian dish called Sambhar a staple that goes with rice or idlis and vadhai..in the West Indies I believe they call it ‘saijan’

Ask a Question