Photos from my work

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Thank you for the answer, yes, I myself live in Germany and watch a lot of videos on the topic of landscape design and its care in America, of course, it is very different, you have more minimalism, a large lawn and a couple of bushes, on the contrary, we like to plant a bunch of bushes and hedges, which sometimes reflects poorly on the overall appearance.
Guess you have not seen my garden, so opposite of minimalism. Why I would love a "garden crew" every now and then. Just saying, the count of just my bulbs in ground is over 400 Thousand, then there is 13 species of hydrangeas, I can go on. And I am still toying with more possible tilling for more areas to plant unique trees.

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Guess you have not seen my garden, so opposite of minimalism. Why I would love a "garden crew" every now and then. Just saying, the count of just my bulbs in ground is over 400 Thousand, then there is 13 species of hydrangeas, I can go on. And I am still toying with more possible tilling for more areas to plant unique trees.
well, of course it's a big garden that requires a lot of attention, when do you still have time to do the garden?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
well, of course it's a big garden that requires a lot of attention, when do you still have time to do the garden?
when I worked full-time away from home, I did garden work some evenings, depending on light, and weekends. Now, retired I can work at it any time. Right now the focus is leaf removal. Been raining off and on, so next dry spell I'll be doing that. Other than that some pruning can be done. I usually tell myself, so many hours a day garden, then time to go do house stuff, or food shop etc.

Reaction score
Country
Germany
when I worked full-time away from home, I did garden work some evenings, depending on light, and weekends. Now, retired I can work at it any time. Right now the focus is leaf removal. Been raining off and on, so next dry spell I'll be doing that. Other than that some pruning can be done. I usually tell myself, so many hours a day garden, then time to go do house stuff, or food shop etc.
yes, it's good, when the hedge cutting season starts for me, it's the end of July, then sometimes I just don't have time to mow my lawn.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
You must get a lot of material to dispose of, do you have the space to compost it or does it go to the municipal incinerator?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I used to cut grass at one time, and hated the idea of simply throwing it out. I got some of my regular customers to let me build them compost heaps so at least I knew it would go back into the land. Lawn mowings don't compost that well on their own, but I used to get a fair bit of casual work from people who had let things get out of hand, so there was some longer, mature grass to mix with them.

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I used to cut grass at one time, and hated the idea of simply throwing it out. I got some of my regular customers to let me build them compost heaps so at least I knew it would go back into the land. Lawn mowings don't compost that well on their own, but I used to get a fair bit of casual work from people who had let things get out of hand, so there was some longer, mature grass to mix with them.
yes, you're right, but most of my clients have nowhere to sell mown grass, so they have to take everything out.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
thank goodness we can burn.
It is not a great solution, it puts the carbon straight into the atmosphere as CO2. If you are going to do it I would recommend drying stuff out first and using an incinerator that gives good air flow so it burns hot. That will lead to less particulates (smoke), not just a smelly nuisance locally, but adding to the greenhouse and carcinogenic effect of pollutants generally. It may seem like one little fire won't matter, but these things add up, I can remember thick 'pea souper' smogs when I was a boy, caused by many small household fires. I don't think London has seen one of them since the clean air act. Ultimately everyone in the world breaths the same air.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
It is not a great solution, it puts the carbon straight into the atmosphere as CO2. If you are going to do it I would recommend drying stuff out first and using an incinerator that gives good air flow so it burns hot. That will lead to less particulates (smoke), not just a smelly nuisance locally, but adding to the greenhouse and carcinogenic effect of pollutants generally. It may seem like one little fire won't matter, but these things add up, I can remember thick 'pea souper' smogs when I was a boy, caused by many small household fires. I don't think London has seen one of them since the clean air act. Ultimately everyone in the world breaths the same air.
We burn here. We all burn here. its the way of life here. big properties, mean lots of fallen stuff, so we all burn. some have huge piles of burning twigs, limbs, and leaves can see from a distance all the burning going on. its awesome. Its better to burn than to pile all the limbs and sticks in plastic bags to the curb with will take mother nature forever to break down if she ever does. I hate seeing those wasted plastic toys kids use and discard to the rubbish, more plastic for poor mother nature. its an awesome solution--to burn.

Ask a Question