Rain barrel decorating with photos

Reaction score
Country
United States
I will be adding a rain barrel to our back yard but I want to have something nice to look at rather than a plain blue barrel. I would like to use some of our favorite photos of flowers we have seen in our travels, print them out, paint the barrel a solid color, and adhere the photos to the rain barrel. I am not sure what steps to do and what adhesive and protective covering to use to make it waterproof. Can anyone help? Many thanks.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Greetings, welcome to the Forums.

By all means, do paint or similarly decorate your rain barrel, as well as any other plastic posts and containers that you might have.
Those free black nursery pots can intrigue as much as a Clifford Still with but an abstract splash of paint. If you prefer representational art, then ocf course, flowers would be a most likely subject.
However laminating photos on an exterior surface sounds like a pointless mess. Light, moisture, and time will undo all your work in short order.

Ask a Question