Pepper plants- New growth stunted and brittle

Reaction score
Country
Canada
New to this forum so if I posted twice, forgive me!
Pepper were doing fine until a few weeks ago. New growth is stunted, leathery and brittle. Lower leaves are leathery are well.
Most blossoms drying and falling off.
Planted in a raised bed with a mix of porting mix, peat moss, and a bit of garden soil. Mix is very light and fluffy. Not waterlogged.
Fertilized bi-weekly with tomato-tone. Light Bi weekly feedings of Kelp.
Alternate weeks with Cal-Mag.
Soil ph is 8. Can’t seem to bring it down.
Other plants doing better but upper leaves stunted as well now.
Zone 3B. Long days. Temps have been avg 27 Celsius. Plants do get some afternoon shade.
No pest activity that I can see.
I would appreciate some advice from the experts!
63B1DD8A-986D-41DD-9146-81EC0F2D073B.jpeg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, welcome to the forum.
Looking at the way the leaves curl I instantly thought 'aphids', mine looked like that until I sprayed them. I would ask if you have unfurled the edges to see if anything is hiding in there, but that doesn't really match the dry and leathery description. Sorry, I am pretty new to peppers myself, hopefully someone with more expertise than me will come along

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi Oliver. I did check for aphids or some other pest and even used a magnifying glass but didn’t see anything. I’m totally stumped. I thought fertilizer burn but Tomato Tone is pretty mild.
Thanks for your help!

Ask a Question