Pepper plant advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have this pepper plant which I’m unsure how to help it along. Big green peppers on waiting to change colour and due to repot. Does all look okay ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    233.7 KB · Views: 16

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
Well, very nice peppers but a lack of foliage on the plant doesn't bode well for future production. What have you been feeding especially as relates to Nitrogen?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well, very nice peppers but a lack of foliage on the plant doesn't bode well for future production. What have you been feeding especially as relates to Nitrogen?
Tomato feed and I’ve been putting egg shells in also. There was a fair amount of foliage but a caterpillar got in so a few dead leaves have been pruned.

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
Yes, it is suffering from lack of foliage. I think I would go ahead and pick those peppers showing and continue feeding and it might well recover that foliage and produce more peppers later this fall.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I too would pick those peppers so the plant had more energy to produce leaves. They are fine to eat or freeze. I never wait on bell peppers to turn colors unless I want to save its seed.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
A bit of nettle tea will encourage leaf regrowth, shouldn't be too much nitrogen, & also has enough potassium to keep fruit growth going.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I find my peppers always grow fruit before the plants have a chance to even come close to their full potential. Once the fruit sets the plants focus on them and not plant growth. So the greedy pepper lover that I am let's the fruit grow just enough to pick and eat then once I pick them off the plants start growing again to their full potential with lots of peppers. As others mentioned those peppers are beautiful and ready to pick and eat then once you pick them the plant will focus on itself and grow new stems leaves and fruit.

Ask a Question