Peperomia Prostrata help

Reaction score
Country
United States
20200723_104221.jpg

20200723_104330.jpg

Hello! I am growing a small Peperomia Prostrata inside an enclosed terrarium along with some moss. Seemingly overnight I am suddenly seeing small amounts of wilting on a couple of the leaves. I am fairly certain I have not overwatered, but being that this is an enclosed terrarium it IS a slightly humid environment. I also have proper filtration and activated charcoal layers. The plant was looking great up until this morning... so I'm not sure what to do now!

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks.

Reaction score
Country
Israel
@Squiddy, hello and welcome to the forums.

I have to say that I first thought someone was eating your Peperomia Prostrata's leaves, but after reading the thread, I have reached a few theories I'd like to share with you:

If I'm not mistaken, this leaves wilting problem can be caused by a number of things:

1. Over-watering.
2. Root Anoxia (when the soil isn't porous enough to oxygenate the roots of the plant).
3. Over-fertilizing
4. Overheating.

Because those problems require easy enough procedures to eliminate/confirm them, (Nothing is dangerous for the plant, too invasive, or can harm). I think we don't have to fear wrong/overdiagnosis - which means, you (In my opinion) can check the plant for every one of them possible factors, and rule them out one by one.

Do let us know your final conclusion, and of course, if I'm wrong, or the problem isn't on my list, please correct me.

Good luck.

Reaction score
Country
United States
@Squiddy, hello and welcome to the forums.

I have to say that I first thought someone was eating your Peperomia Prostrata's leaves, but after reading the thread, I have reached a few theories I'd like to share with you:

If I'm not mistaken, this leaves wilting problem can be caused by a number of things:

1. Over-watering.
2. Root Anoxia (when the soil isn't porous enough to oxygenate the roots of the plant).
3. Over-fertilizing
4. Overheating.

Because those problems require easy enough procedures to eliminate/confirm them, (Nothing is dangerous for the plant, too invasive, or can harm). I think we don't have to fear wrong/overdiagnosis - which means, you (In my opinion) can check the plant for every one of them possible factors, and rule them out one by one.

Do let us know your final conclusion, and of course, if I'm wrong, or the problem isn't on my list, please correct me.

Good luck.
I'll give all of this a try and see if it doesn't improve, thank you!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Update: I I've noticed (and killed) 3 tiny white bugs inside my terrarium within the last hour! I'm thinking they might be white flies... I sprayed my plants with a homemade soap and water pesticide but I'm quickly losing hope.

Reaction score
Country
Israel
@Squiddy, hello
it's important not to lose hope.

Now, the most important thing is to successfully diagnose the problem. Check for soil status, watering, fertilizing, oxygen, and other things I have mentioned in the last response. After you checked everything and it's been a few days since you used the soap water, come back and tell us how's the plant doing.

It is important that we rule out all of those possibilities, so we'll be able to put forward new theories and provide the plant an exact diagnosis, so we can plan a course of action and begin treatment.

Good luck.

Ask a Question