peace lily help

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I've never had much of a green thumb however I've managed to keep two kids alive and several plants over the years. My brother was killed at Christmas time 2015 period I have had to repot his peace lily from his funeral 4 times since then so I say I'm doing pretty good. Problem is I was recently the victim of a domestic violence situation and had 36 hours to move everything I own out of the house that my ex boyfriend and I shared because he was going to be getting out of jail period I didn't want to be with there when he got home. I brought the peace lily to a friend of mine to take care of until I could find a place. I obviously wasn't going to put it in the storage unit with the rest of my things. 1 month has gone by and I finally found a place and spent the weekend moving everything into my new house. I went to go pick up the peace lily from her and this is the condition that it is in. I asked her a couple of times a week every single week how my plan was doing and she assured me that it was fine. obviously it is not fine and the soil is completely dry. Is there any hope for my plant? I really need this plant to live I watered it immediately before I even put it in my car and I asked her what happened and she said she didn't know because it was just fine yesterday but some of the leaves are black and it is completely limp period when I first got it it started to go limp if I didn't water it on my regular schedule but it usually took a couple of days after I missed my regular watering days but there was never black leaves. help please somebody tell me what to do
20170604_192036.jpg
20170604_191923.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
All you can do is water it and keep it in a bright room, but NOT in direct sunlight. The black leaves are dead, they won't come back, but maybe there's still some life in its root system, but only time will tell. I would NOT attempt to re-pot it, since that adds stress to the plant and it's stressed enough.

Water and bright (non-direct) sunlight is all you can do for now.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Make sure you do not overwater it! Don't give it extra to compensate. Just give it the normal amount of water and hope for the best.

Ask a Question