Peace lily help

Reaction score
Country
United States
I got a peace lily about 2 weeks ago it was gorgeous I kept it on my screened porch and watered. I left for the weekend and came back and it was very limp. I watered it immediately that was Sunday and it still looks bad here is what it looks like

Attachments

• 20160509_165259.jpg
    20160509_165259.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 356
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
They're very temperamental i think. Like it just so and i find it hard to find the correct just so. Worth it though. Keep up the good work. It'll perk up for you I'm sure.:confused:;)

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
The peace lily needs to be watered deeply, set a schedule, maybe twice a week, once it has been watered well it will not go limp if you water it even once a week. No direct sun light. If the leaves are turning brown, the plant has been in direct sun. Cut the brown part of the leaf off.

I have one plant that is now 3 years old, very easy to care for.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
The peace lily needs to be watered deeply, set a schedule, maybe twice a week, once it has been watered well it will not go limp if you water it even once a week. No direct sun light. If the leaves are turning brown, the plant has been in direct sun. Cut the brown part of the leaf off.

I have one plant that is now 3 years old, very easy to care for.
I'll take note. I do have one that wasn't looking the best and is now on the improve. I have it where i can't forget to water it so maybe that's the difference.(y)

NatalieW

Certified Herbalist
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
United States
it likely needs a new pot and more fresh soil. peace lily is prone to wilting quickly once it is pot bound... more soil around it will help it look a bit better between watering. They bounce back quite easily.

Ask a Question