Struggling Peace Lily

Reaction score
Country
United States
hello all,

I'm new to this forum and am struggling with a peace lily I've had for about 6 months. I wait until the soil is dry and water about once a week.

There seems to be some browning of the leaves at the tips and new growth looks small and stunted. The existing leaves are yellowing and dying off.

Any thoughts on how to save it?

Attachments

• IMG_0004.JPG
    IMG_0004.JPG
    161.9 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_0005.JPG
    IMG_0005.JPG
    177.1 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG_0006.JPG
    IMG_0006.JPG
    172.7 KB · Views: 302
  • IMG_0007.JPG
    IMG_0007.JPG
    131 KB · Views: 302
  • IMG_0008.JPG
    IMG_0008.JPG
    140.4 KB · Views: 299
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
Hello and welcome! :)
There are several reasons for the appearance of dry leaf tips.
The main reason is the small air humidity. Sometimes this happens when the temperature changes.

The second most important reason is incorrect watering. For example, after a long period with dry soil, we begin to water the plant abundantly. This method does not compensate for the loss of moisture, and even harms the flower.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to me that the pot is too small for such a plant. If this is the case, the plant quickly consumes moisture.

Old leaves die, it's natural.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks!

I'll try repotting it in a bigger container - I've read that typically you're supposed to increase the size by 2 inches in diameter. Think that's about right?

Ask a Question