P. Allen Smith

Reaction score
Country
United States
While I may find a few of his concepts out of my league, I continue to enjoy watching his show and other gardening programs in the hopes of picking up tidbits, suggestions & tips to improve my lil backyard heaven.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
^^^I do too, but there's not much out in TV land, but tons of videos, many of them are very good, on youtube.

Here's just one example...

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello, I’m new here. I just wanted to say that I enjoy watching P. Allen Smiths videos a lot. I like his relaxed presentation which is in contrast to the speedy, rapid fire presentation of Garden Answer. Laura is great but she talks soooo fast that it is sometimes, “What did she just say...”

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Hello, I’m new here. I just wanted to say that I enjoy watching P. Allen Smiths videos a lot. I like his relaxed presentation which is in contrast to the speedy, rapid fire presentation of Garden Answer. Laura is great but she talks soooo fast that it is sometimes, “What did she just say...”
I watch Garden Answer too. What bothers me about her though is that I've seen her rework the same garden area, even if it has perennials, over and over, when it didn't need it. She's sponsored by Proven Winners and is pushing the plants and equipment more than gardening techniques or tips. She overcrowds her containers too with perennials that need more room. I'm all about containers, but what she does is not healthy for some of the plants.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I receive his email newsletter (someone recommended him to me some years ago).
I believe it is like any other gardening themed regime: you can get some good tips/instructions, which apply to you or, you have to adapt to. I do not know what his overall garden looks like, nor am I interested. I simply take from his advice the parts which are relevant to me and to where I live. The one thing his emails do have an affect upon is this: it reminds me to "get out there!" LOL

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I was watching Season 13 Episode 10 of P. Allen Smith's Garden Home; and in that he had a segment on sunflowers. One of the little factoids he put up on the screen what that, "Sunflower Heads Don't Actually Follow the Sun".

Say whato_O Mine do.

Did I misunderstand something?

Ask a Question