Have a whole new gardening challenge

Reaction score
Hi all! I am not new to gardening, but am new to trying to garden in a yard with many evergreens in the neighbors yards. I have had fibromyalgia for a lot fo years, so the huge garden at my old house kept getting smaller. I am doing better these days, and would like to start planting more. I have two very small areas aginst the house in the backyard that I plant in.....on one side I managed to get one pumpkin, and one spghetti squash....and a few lemon cucumbers. On the other side, we got a number of cucumbers, a cherry tomatoe plant that has taken over the yellow pear and two big red tomatoe plants (can't remember what I bought). No many nice big red tomatoes, or sightly underripe, like my husband likes them. I put a zuchinni in my fron flower bed...it did ok, but I wasn't overflowing with zuchinni. For being in town, we have a failry good sized lot, but the way the house is set on the property, gives us a narrow back yard, a big front yard, and two narrower sections of lawn on the sides. I am looking forward to getting some help in trying to figure out how to expand my garden and work in the space that I can grow in. I don't know how to add my location and growing zone.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Welcome back, I will like see some picture from your garden, if possible.

Usually bigger backyard is good for growing veggies and some flowers that you can look at while relaxing in the evening.

I soak myself in salt hot water tub to ease my body and joint ache, add little turmeric powder to food, it has anti inflammatory property.

Good luck!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Rajesh Sethi What kind of salt do you add to your bath please and what is the ratio salt to water please?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
It depends on quantity of hot water you have taken, actually I really don't measure it. Put a handful of it.

I have two bottle of salts, one is rock salt and sindhav salt ( not sure I guess its mostly mgso4, also known as lake salt).

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Does it relieve arthritis?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Does it relieve arthritis?
Who said about arthritis, its good for relieving stress and fatigue.

Salt water has pros and cons, good for skin, too much will leave you itchy.:ROFLMAO:

Another salt difficult to get, available at only chemistry store or old photo studio, you know which I am referring to (1 teaspoon will be enough but it should not be add with others)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Mom, ask the webmaster (Ian) how to add your location and zone--he is very helpful!
Vegetable gardens can be as beautiful as flower gardens, so think about using that large front yard as an edible gardening spot.
If you could tell us how much sun, and the orientation of your narrow side lots, back yard, and larger front yard it would be very helpful. We'll do what we can to advise you on where to plant what, but we need a bit of help!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
India
It depends on quantity of hot water you have taken, actually I really don't measure it. Put a handful of it.

I have two bottle of salts, one is rock salt and sindhav salt ( not sure I guess its mostly mgso4, also known as lake salt).
Saindhav is pink himalayan rock salt

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
2fc364d732a9382edaa1c41c908.gif

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I don't really like to sit in bath as I don't have the patience.. I think I should sprinkle more cinnamon and turmeric into my meals and incorporate more ginger to ease any inflammation. By the way, I saw a Gingseng plant in B&Q, I might get it. I also have two sprouting ginger in my lean to. I totally forgot about them. Then I cleared the concrete area in the mddle of the border and saw the pot again. To my absolute amazement, they were still alive and one has a stem! Whoa! quite excited..

Ask a Question