Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
The air has been fresh and the sunlight blinding, lying in bed thinking I should have done the washing. Whilst brushing my teeth, realised the cardboard covering my lean to to reduce the heat was wet. It is raining.. Amazing!

Good, no need to water the plant and ideal for weeding and tidying up the house and garden.

Had a peep at my of my seed trays and there were lots of seedlings - granma's tall salvias.. They are doing very well. Lovely - I can soon build up a salvia collection.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Eden is very expensive to enter .. That's all I can remember and some biomes were very muggy .. Don't think I can afford to go there another time. Wish I had gone to the Botanical garden in Wales though.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, it is expensive alp. And everything they sell is too. Shame esp as Eden wants to encourage recycling and conservation; their prices are a deterrent.
It is an amazing project though....evening/night sessions are fantastic (y)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Last time I went it was about £16 or £21, but as my son is autistic, so we got off lightly.

A nice day out for you, @Verdun but if I could come to your garden to ooooh and aaaah even for £3, it would be even better experience. Too much chucked together in those domes.

You owe me photos for oohing and aahing ..:eek::D

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
For those who want more information for gardening, you could subscribe to our Scottish The Beechgrove Garden - it's a very good programme full of facts and experiments

http://www.terntv.com/subscribe

Our lovely @Logan has already subscribed. Not that she needs the info!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you all.. Alp, keep your eyes out for Homebase bargains in March/April, got those two Llandaff tubers for £1.50, now look at the size of the red beauties :eek: very impressed with them so far, will look out for the orange Bishop of Oxford & yellow Bishop of York. I know Poundland & B&M also do bulbs/tubers/corms in Spring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The Bishop of York is a stunner Mark. Growing it for first time this year from a sale at the local Dahlia National Collection site last autumn. Yesterday saw very large groups of it at the Eden Project too. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Lavender, Veronica, aquelligia, hardy geranium. In between wallflowers and foxgloves at the back, which were growing in the tarmac on the driveway.
I hope you dont mind if I take this as a template for a planted boarder @Logan....everyone on here has so beautiful borders except moi....I will probably kill the lot but I'm clueless when it comes to schemes...:whistle:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I hope you dont mind if I take this as a template for a planted boarder @Logan....everyone on here has so beautiful borders except moi....I will probably kill the lot but I'm clueless when it comes to schemes...:whistle:

I think you will do well in anything you put your hands and head to .. you're very meticulous.. If things happen to your plants, it's the weather.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Don't mention - The Eden Project :whistle: what a load of old Bio-Spheres :)

IMG_0784.JPG

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Went to Hyde Hall yesterday and saw things we didn't see last time we went .. Too busy thinking what to buy with my limited resources.

Right at the entrance.. Lovely grasses panicum vergatum Heiliger Hain.
SAM_1053.JPG
SAM_1057.JPG

Last one is mentioned in The Beechgrove for cut flowers.. They are so wonderful in a bouquet of flowers.

A lovely fern
SAM_1070.JPG

Tons of Wild Swans
SAM_1072.JPG

Stipa swaying elegantly in the wind
SAM_1075.JPG

New structures in Hyde Hall
SAM_1077.JPG

Clematis diamante
SAM_1060 - Copy.JPG

More grass I really like these patch
SAM_1078.JPG