Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you, Logan!

I have done a lot - sowed seeds - sugar snap, beans, Pak Choi, sunflowers, sweet corns, Achillea white. Going to grow sow more petunia seeds.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
Great video! Yet simple tulips have their charm!

In such a vast country like Russia, there must be quite a bit of inconvenience living in a rural area..

There are people who leave far away from civilization in "ecological settlements". They live there, they keep house. Most often these are young families. This is not a religious sect. But they respect national traditions.

I came home and saw my children, who were amazed: "Why does the house smell of paint?"
Victims of civilization! :D :ROFLMAO: It's just my blossomed daffodil! It has a strong flavor.

IMG_3830.JPG
IMG_3828.JPG

The last hyacinth.

7d0608bf4adf7c3a91c5dc497e37dc10.jpg

@johnny canoe
There is a good remedy for immunity. A large root of ginger and 2 lemons grind in a blender and add 1 spoonful of honey. (If you do not have allergies, of course). Then put it in a jar and put it in the refrigerator. This can be added to warm (not hot) tea. (1 teaspoon)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I came home and saw my children, who were amazed: "Why does the house smell of paint?"
Victims of civilization! :D :ROFLMAO: It's just my blossomed daffodil! It has a strong flavor.

:p:D:LOL:;)
I have never seen a daff like these:mad:. Victim of westernisation! :p Come to think of it, I have never seen a hyacinth like that. Victim of disorientation! :eek::D

Now I wish I had bought the ginger up the road, but they looked calcified.. Haha!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
This is a multi-flowered daffodil. There are different varieties of this species. I planted the first time, I like it.
Buy ginger some other time. This is especially good in bad weather. (y)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you for uploading photos with these distinctive flowers.. I don't think I've seen them here in the UK. Having said that, when I was in China, I saw some very beautiful hybridised flowers.. The blooms are so big in yours.. would love to see them on sale here.. Ginger is supposed to be very good for arthritis.. Don't know if this is true. My son would ask me if I had put some ginger in my food as I seldom did that..

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Morning, Logan! What a balmy morning! I don't feel the cold at all... I's all very dark.. out there. Going to be busy this morning - to have a repeat blood test. I will plant out my dahlias and use a fleece if needed..

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning Alp, it's very mild, been raining but it's clear now. Got up barely had to go out, he's got the runs. But i think he's ok now. OH gone food shopping, so I'll stay in until he comes back.When do you have your blood test? I'd cover dahlias anyway to get them used to being outside for a few weeks.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Morning, C'box: We were sunny earlier, but now it's clouded over. I will plant them in the sunniest spot and the Dinner plates as the piece de resistance. I have dug up most of the rubble. I don't understand it, all my neighbours have levelled land except this one and they stupidly built up the hump using rubble and giant slab.. I will take some pics to show up how big the blessed slab is .. Ex said he broke a spade there.. Also, there is a dip in between the sunlounge and the patch. Last June when we had the flash flood, the dip was covered with water for 3 days, like a reservoir..

Do you think I should put the pots down as well? I really must move.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning Alp, it's very mild, been raining but it's clear now. Got up barely had to go out, he's got the runs. But i think he's ok now. OH gone food shopping, so I'll stay in until he comes back.When do you have your blood test? I'd cover dahlias anyway to get them used to being outside for a few weeks.
Morning Logan, oh dear poor Barley has he eaten something he shouldn't have? Hope he soon better.
Cloudy but mild here, walking around the garden I've discovered things popping up that I forgot I planted.......love surprises!:D
Have a good day and a hug to Barley.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Yippee something worked for a change:D:D...........my first quote!!
Watch out everyone, I'm on a quote roll now :D:D:D
Aah so easily pleased:)

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning, C'box: We were sunny earlier, but now it's clouded over. I will plant them in the sunniest spot and the Dinner plates as the piece de resistance. I have dug up most of the rubble. I don't understand it, all my neighbours have levelled land except this one and they stupidly built up the hump using rubble and giant slab.. I will take some pics to show up how big the blessed slab is .. Ex said he broke a spade there.. Also, there is a dip in between the sunlounge and the patch. Last June when we had the flash flood, the dip was covered with water for 3 days, like a reservoir..

Do you think I should put the pots down as well? I really must move.
Morning C'BOX, it's gone clowdy now, just been putting the mulch round the roses.i don't know what you mean, when you say put the pots down. Do you mean plant them in the pots?

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning Logan, oh dear poor Barley has he eaten something he shouldn't have? Hope he soon better.
Cloudy but mild here, walking around the garden I've discovered things popping up that I forgot I planted.......love surprises!:D
Have a good day and a hug to Barley.
Morning Upsy Daisy, he sometimes have a bout like this then he'll be fine, it's just one of those things. Thank you for asking.

Ask a Question