One More Week - Yay!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Oh, it's just you said it starts getting really hot at around 2 pm over there, around here that happens during noon. I thought that was cool, because over here temps start to rise up very early, it must be because we are very close to the desert tho. Ah to be honest I just dread this time of the year :D The time of the year I start feeling some relief is during autumn. Wish I could skip this summer and spring :whistle: Actually I wish I could skip this whole year if possible, so I can already be out of here and star med school (y)

What I said was that from about 2 pm to 5 pm is the hottest part of the day. On days where you wake up to it being 80F with high humidity, by 2 pm it can be downright oppressive without cloud cover and/or a breeze. Our tropicals do well in this period, but most of our edibles have to be moved into the shade.

The only difficult part of this time of year for me is oak pollen. If we get a real spring, instead of the weather going straight into summer, it's great. Good luck with medical school!

Reaction score
Med school! I applaud you!!!!

Thank you, Lori, you are so sweet! I'm so eager to start already! I need to do a lot work this year in order to go med school next year, sometimes it seems like a lot work, but I am confident I will make it =D I totally feel the effort is worth it, because ever since I was little I felt this was my true vocation... I love helping people to live better and healthier lives, so this will be the way for me to do it. I wish this year would go by in the blink of an eye! I'm so eager!!! Hopefully after med school I will specialize in internal medicine (y)

Reaction score
What I said was that from about 2 pm to 5 pm is the hottest part of the day. On days where you wake up to it being 80F with high humidity, by 2 pm it can be downright oppressive without cloud cover and/or a breeze. Our tropicals do well in this period, but most of our edibles have to be moved into the shade.

The only difficult part of this time of year for me is oak pollen. If we get a real spring, instead of the weather going straight into summer, it's great. Good luck with medical school!

Don't get me started with allergies D: For me the worst time of the year for that is the fall!!! My eyes start to get kinda teary, I was told we have some structures in the internal part of our eyelids and those get swollen due allergies. Well, I've been getting that every single fall! Makes eyes feel so sandy! I still don't know what is causing my allergies.

Yeah, you guys have an interesting climate, I do better in that kind of climates, specially during winter :) Over here sun seems to be hitting us so hard during the hot season, most plants can't make it if exposed to direct sun light for too long. No idea how trees make it, lol. Poor things! Lots cacti everywhere, they gotta love this weather, amazing plants!

Thank you! I already want this year to be over (very difficult things ahead next weeks) so I can start a new chapter in my life (I hope!!!!).

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Don't get me started with allergies D: For me the worst time of the year for that is the fall!!!

Thank you! I already want this year to be over (very difficult things ahead next weeks) so I can start a new chapter in my life (I hope!!!!).

It's probably ragweed; that's the culprit here.

I hate to tell you, but you'll be starting new chapters over and over for the rest of your life. Some transitions will be easier than others, and a lot of life is "hurry up and wait." You're luckier than most as you will always have gardening to keep you sane.

Ask a Question