One More Week - Yay!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
Oh yeah, I can totally relate to that feeling, specially over here. The day light is something that I'll always appreciate, if only it'd come without the scorching heat, ehehe! It's weird, but over here I have never seen getting dark at 8 :O It's funny how things vary from place to place (y)

Trellum, Where is over here?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I really like the later days because it seems that I have much more energy for longer periods of time. Right now when it gets dark earlier, I plop my rear end in front of the TV in the evening and do nothing productive because it is dark outside and my energy is drained. When it stays lighter out later, I have a burst of energy and can run around and do things until 9pm at night and not get tired.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
...The day light is something that I'll always appreciate, if only it'd come without the scorching heat, ehehe! It's weird, but over here I have never seen getting dark at 8 :O It's funny how things vary from place to place (y)

Truly! By July I will be taking every chance I get to get away from the direct sun, lol! It wasn't too bad last summer, but now that I am working in the garden center I won't always be able to avoid the heat at the hottest point in the day.

Reaction score
Truly! By July I will be taking every chance I get to get away from the direct sun, lol! It wasn't too bad last summer, but now that I am working in the garden center I won't always be able to avoid the heat at the hottest point in the day.

Oh girlie! I had forgotten about that, lol. Jesus, noon time is always a bad time during that time of the year, isn't it? I'd say the worst time is from noon to 2 or 3 p.m. That time is the worst! Stay safe and use plenty of sun screen! I hate smearing myself in that, ugh, but this year I will!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Oh girlie! I had forgotten about that, lol. Jesus, noon time is always a bad time during that time of the year, isn't it? I'd say the worst time is from noon to 2 or 3 p.m. That time is the worst! Stay safe and use plenty of sun screen! I hate smearing myself in that, ugh, but this year I will!

It's actually hottest between 2 or 3 and 5 pm, and it takes forever to cool down even a little. That's the one disadvantage of longer days, but I'll still take more sun over cold, dreary, and windy/wet any day. The only issue will be that we can't be sleeveless at work. I'm on the lookout for comfortable cotton and cap or tulip sleeves!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I personally hate the notion of DST since it messes with my internal clock like crazy, that being said I am looking forward to warmer temps, though in the Midwest it can swing either way up until April.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
Doesn't mean you can't reserve a portion of the morning for yourself. That's kind of the point of being self-employed.

Oh dear, that is not why I started my company. I got tired of corporate politics when I was working as a credit manager in the steel industry. That and the 1 hour commute each way pushed me to study another skill and start my own business. It also gives me the oportunity to employ people who otherwise would find it hard to find anyone else who can accommodate their or their family's special needs.

Sometimes I can rearrange my schedule to allow for sunny playtime though!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I personally hate the notion of DST since it messes with my internal clock like crazy, that being said I am looking forward to warmer temps, though in the Midwest it can swing either way up until April.

Yeah, but that's only for a few days until you adjust, and you can plan ahead for it. My clock was messed up recently by having to be at work at 5:30 am. The week after I was still waking up around 4:00 and passing out early from exhaustion around dinner time. I use the time in the morning to get some things done, but in the evening I'm not good for much.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Sometimes I can rearrange my schedule to allow for sunny playtime though!

Well, glad for that at least, otherwise there's not much point. I applaud you for creating opportunities for others, how many people do you employ currently? I have a 10 minute commute and I LOVE it! I could even ride my bicycle to work if I had to. What was the other skill you studied?

Reaction score
So it starts getting really hot from 2 p.m onwards over there? Lucky :O That gives you two extra hours to do whatever you have to do without worrying about the heat. Isn't like that over here tho, the heat starts being felt so early, but temps start lowering as the hours go by. Nights are still hot tho, worst month would be august for me.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
So it starts getting really hot from 2 p.m onwards over there? Lucky :O That gives you two extra hours to do whatever you have to do without worrying about the heat. Isn't like that over here tho, the heat starts being felt so early, but temps start lowering as the hours go by. Nights are still hot tho, worst month would be august for me.

Are you asking me?

It starts getting hot as soon as it stops getting cold, lol. However it becomes a hot-is-relative sort of situation depending on the time of year. In the winter or in early spring it may be cold in the morning and hot in the afternoon and then cold again. In early summer it may be pleasant in the morning until about 10 or 11, hot by one, and then the temperature will start to drop again between 3 an 5. It all depends on the height of the sun, if it's cloudy/breezy out, etc.

By July or August it's just hot.

Reaction score
Oh, it's just you said it starts getting really hot at around 2 pm over there, around here that happens during noon. I thought that was cool, because over here temps start to rise up very early, it must be because we are very close to the desert tho. Ah to be honest I just dread this time of the year :D The time of the year I start feeling some relief is during autumn. Wish I could skip this summer and spring :whistle: Actually I wish I could skip this whole year if possible, so I can already be out of here and star med school (y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
Oh, it's just you said it starts getting really hot at around 2 pm over there, around here that happens during noon. I thought that was cool, because over here temps start to rise up very early, it must be because we are very close to the desert tho. Ah to be honest I just dread this time of the year :D The time of the year I start feeling some relief is during autumn. Wish I could skip this summer and spring :whistle: Actually I wish I could skip this whole year if possible, so I can already be out of here and star med school (y)

Med school! I applaud you!!!!

Ask a Question