Not sure what is going on.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have this zuchini plant that the leaves have white all over them. Anyone know what is going on? Also, i bought them as transplants in a 6 pack. Each cell had 2 stems growing out of it (as seen below), should i cut idf one of them?
20200512_192248.jpg
20200512_192325.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United States
Also, i have this tomato plant that the leaves are curling, and some of the leaves are upside down. Should I be concerned?
20200512_190016.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United States
Take a magnifier and look closely and see what's on the leaves in the damaged areas. It you can't find any bugs, then it may be caused from bacterial or fungal problem. Its easy to develop a fungal problem using drip emitters because the oxygen gets locked out due to staying wet. . The bottom tomato plant looks thirsty to me and could use a drink.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Some squash varieties show this white pigment. It looks like mildew but it isn't. If the white areas grow larger it is a mildew but this picture shows a normal leaf. You should snip off one of the squash plants. Your tomato does not need water, if it did the leaves would be drooping downward. The reason the leaves are curling upward is climatic. Either the humidity , the wind or the temperature has changed dramatically. My tomatoes do the same thing every time the humidity goes from low to high or vice versa rapidly. It is temporary

Reaction score
Country
United States
Take a magnifier and look closely and see what's on the leaves in the damaged areas. It you can't find any bugs, then it may be caused from bacterial or fungal problem. Its easy to develop a fungal problem using drip emitters because the oxygen gets locked out due to staying wet. . The bottom tomato plant looks thirsty to me and could use a drink.
I was thinking it could be mildew, but I thought i would ask. And the tomato plant isnt thirst, i keepthe moisture level pretty consistent.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Some squash varieties show this white pigment. It looks like mildew but it isn't. If the white areas grow larger it is a mildew but this picture shows a normal leaf. You should snip off one of the squash plants. Your tomato does not need water, if it did the leaves would be drooping downward. The reason the leaves are curling upward is climatic. Either the humidity , the wind or the temperature has changed dramatically. My tomatoes do the same thing every time the humidity goes from low to high or vice versa rapidly. It is temporary

I hope that its just this type of plant that has tbose markings. Will neem oil help mildew?

Ok, I guess i better snip them off then, i suppose 2 plants such as those growing in the same space wouldnt be good.

And that makes sense on the tomato, it went from mid to high 90's all last week to in the 70's this week.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I hope that its just this type of plant that has tbose markings. Will neem oil help mildew?

Ok, I guess i better snip them off then, i suppose 2 plants such as those growing in the same space wouldnt be good.

And that makes sense on the tomato, it went from mid to high 90's all last week to in the 70's this week.
Yes, it will. But do not use it in the heat of the day, only in the morning and evening. Mildew, when it attacks a squash, normally shows as roundish blotches not angular as the picture shows.

Ask a Question