Article on Rising Temps and Insect Pressures

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
This article attempts to corelate rising temps and increased insect damage. Unfortunately, the article does not describe with a similiar enthusiasm any important details about the restrictions and bans that have been placed on soil purification chemicals and pesticides such as nicotinoids, and limits its focus to support of climate change vocabulary. Many of you may have a more balance view.

The article references a study in the Science publication. A primary author mentioned, Prof. Curtis Deutsch, has other publications here.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I keep hearing about all these "bad things" happening in the world, but I'm just not seeing it.

Life is good here in the Sunshine State -- I guess GW is not coming to Florida:LOL::ROFLMAO:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I keep hearing about all these "bad things" happening in the world, but I'm just not seeing it.

Life is good here in the Sunshine State -- I guess GW is not coming to Florida:LOL::ROFLMAO:

LOL! I can't stop giggling!

We are just not used to such extreme heat. I reckon you over the pond will think we over-react. Temperature here used to be very temperate .. 33 to 38 seems to be desert temperature for us! But you live in the Sunshine state might have a different take to those living in Halifax, Nova Scotia .. I must say the Brits are a bit of a joke as regards to temperature and weather. 6 inches of unexpected snow will cripple the country and the Brits excel in being crippled. Just like our national cricket teams. They always managed to snatch defeats in the mouths of victories!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
This article attempts to corelate rising temps and increased insect damage. Unfortunately, the article does not describe with a similiar enthusiasm any important details about the restrictions and bans that have been placed on soil purification chemicals and pesticides such as nicotinoids, and limits its focus to support of climate change vocabulary. Many of you may have a more balance view.

The article references a study in the Science publication. A primary author mentioned, Prof. Curtis Deutsch, has other publications here.

Is this an ADVERT, DM? LOL! And I thought I was going to fall asleep after that dangerous CLICK on here!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Is this an ADVERT, DM? LOL! And I thought I was going to fall asleep after that dangerous CLICK on here!
No but it was pesky click was it not? On the one hand a journalist with half of what a farmer would be aware of relative to reductions in what can be used to purify soil or protect from pests with chemistry and on the other a proper scientist with a high level of focus in a study that also excludes the farmers awareness of the removal of chemistry used to defend crops. And probably some politics and hungry belly concerns to boot.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
No but it was pesky click was it not? On the one hand a journalist with half of what a farmer would be aware of relative to reductions in what can be used to purify soil or protect from pests with chemistry and on the other a proper scientist with a high level of focus in a study that also excludes the farmers awareness of the removal of chemistry used to defend crops. And probably some politics and hungry belly concerns to boot.

I just hope there is an organic way out - we need to look after the environment. Even the Chinese realise that pollution is not good for their children .. What took them so long?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I just hope there is an organic way out - we need to look after the environment. Even the Chinese realise that pollution is not good for their children .. What took them so long?
Well the internet of course. Only the consolidation of wide ranging data is called information, and only information is used in decisions. That alone is why I was picking a fight with this article. It is beneath the consolidation I have to deal with to even guide my tax agencies as to my expected capital expenses, so I figure why not bust them out as non informational but rather show them as data people with no connectivity.

Ask a Question