Newly Germinated Seeds

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Your reply is interesting Chuck, mine are four times the size of Ferice's when planted in their final positions. Any smaller and they would be either battered by the weather or eaten by slugs and snails.
Plants, at least IMO grow faster in fertile ground than in containers. It is imperative for us to have large plants and root systems. We must have rapid growth on most of our vegetables because of the temperature. In the summer it is too hot for them to set a lot of fruit and the winter too cool. So we must grow our plants so as for them to be able to set fruit during the limited temperature window. During the fall growing season for tomatoes we must plant determinates so as to have some guideline as to when they will be mature enough to bloom and set. If we planted early and let them grow to a large size in containers they would mature at a reduced size thus restricting production. I guess the bottom line is that we have long growing seasons but short production seasons.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
What kind of fertilizer do you use? I purchased the nature's care organic plant food.
That is good fertilizer but a little on the expensive side. I use mostly Medina products. I don't know if they are available in Florida or not

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
There was quite a bit of rain in my area this weekend, so I transplant the plants. In addition, I put some herbs' seeds on the ground. I am looking forward to getting some homegrown vegetable and herbs.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
image.jpg
image.jpg

Here are some pictures of my seeds that were not germinated. I think I added too much cornmeal to it.

Last edited:

Ask a Question