Newbie - lilac question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Would that brick wall absorb and release too much heat for a cool loving plant? Mine are resting in pots in semi or dappled shade and seem happy.
Surprisingly, my plants seem to be happy both in sunny dry places and cooler damp ones. They are also quite tough if left to their own devices. Once established they tend to sucker a lot which can be a bit of a pain. Once the ''sensible'' issues are dealt with there is no stopping them. They just don't like torture that's all :giggle:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Syringa (lilac) will tolerate wet and dry conditions. The first thing I noticed was the closeness to the wall. Trapped heat is possibly the main cause of the problem.

Next. For the diameter of the trunk. A bamboo stake is hardly of any use. Plus, in any case it is too close to the trunk. Now those ties. Yes much to tight. When growing trees, compared to tall plants that require staking. There are special tree ties. Usually made of a rubber sustance. The strap is spaced using a shaped block. This gives the finished tie, a figure of eight shape.

Ask a Question