Hello from a garden newbie in Georgia

Reaction score
Country
United States
HI all! I am a lady in my mid thirties and have started my first real garden this year, and these young plants have become my plant babies! I'm hoping to connect with people who are as obsessed as I am and can pass on stories and knowledge about gardening.

I started seeds around March 7th indoors and purchased grow lights. I currently have 2 beautiful heads of buttercrunch lettuce, small babies of spinach and romaine, 2 varieties each of tomatoes and peppers, zucchini, cucumber, pole beans, bush beans, marigolds, nasturtiums, carrots, potatoes, and a variety of herbs. I am in the process of transplanting things outside, and so far having success. This has definitely become an addiction, and I have already started more seeds. I think I have a total of 50 different seed packets lol. I also got my first baby chicks this year around the same time I started my seeds. So I'm staying busy!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Plant Hardiness Zone 6b - near border 6a, Heat Zone 7
Country
United States
Nice going! Now you're a garden weirdo. Regardless of what elkse is happening any given day I need to recharge in the garden...winter spring, summer or fall. Even when everything is frozen over I need to feed the critters. Congrats on your new path. I hope it never ends for you.

Ask a Question