Hello Gardeners!

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Hello everyone! I am so glad to be here with you! I was searching for a forum in which I could find some usefull tips and where I could share my (not so big yet) garden experience! I inherited this passion after my mother, but I newly started my adventure with plants. What garden plants for the begginer would you recommend? Are they easy to take care of them? Thank you all for your attention and see you in next posts!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6B/7A
Country
United States
Good morning!

I'm new as well. I've been gardening for a few years in a sort of haphazard way. Looking forward to learning from everyone here :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6B/7A
Country
United States
@FlourishAnn one of my favorite beginner plants is the cherry tomato. Usually fun and easy to grow and to eat :)

If you like berries, raspberries grow easily most places. They do spread though so consider if you want them contained.

Are you more interested in vegetables or fruit?

Gardening Girl

This is my garden several years back.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Welcome to both of you. I would suggest lettuce, radishes, basil as great starter plants. But, why not delve in and try a little bit of everything (that you like to eat). Experience is the best teacher. Just start small so yo don't get overwhelmed. Oh, and expect failures. We all have them. I lost every bit of squash last year, so did my neighbor. We are still trying to figure that one out.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
If you want some low maintenance, heurcheras, hellebores, alstroemerias, irises, salvias, achilleas, snowdrops, wisterias, clematises, hibiscus are all easy to raise from seeds and they are perennial, so they should come up every year,

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
smhi.gif
and welcome to the forum!

Ask a Question