Hello GardenWeb'ers

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hope to learn a lot from this community! I would like to know more about houseplants...:)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I have tons of houseplants .. spider plants, Boston fern, Mother-in-law's tongue which gives out oxygen at night, Peace lilies, orchids, ivy, mums, hoya, Areca palm.. Mostly to purify air..

What are your favorites, @torts713 ?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
animated-welcome-image-0044.gif

I only have one house plant...a large Jade plant. I'm more into indoor/outdoor veggies and outdoor flowers.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forums :)

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have tons of houseplants .. spider plants, Boston fern, Mother-in-law's tongue which gives out oxygen at night, Peace lilies, orchids, ivy, mums, hoya, Areca palm.. Mostly to purify air..

What are your favorites, @torts713 ?
I'm definitely a newbie! I have sanseiverias, zz, hoya, and some succulents... I grabbed a runner from a spider plant and will see if it takes...

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
What I like about them is that they are supposed to purify the air. Now they are saying that pineapple plants also give out oxygen at night and helps purify the air. I live near a very busy road with 6 buses trundling outside my house. The diesel fumes were terrible. I was weeding at the front and bore a full frontal attack .. Most people here have tons of cars .. thinking that they show off how well they do. Actually, they salt money away in form of investments in car and then go bankrupt ..and yet we poor neighbours have to endure the foul and poisonous air. Not to mention people now think it is admissible to manufacture LEGAL highs.. "So what if I make drugs in my own house?" That's what my neighbour's son said to me. And the mother asked me on another occasion, "Do you want some?"

Go for indoor plants. They are good for you.

• NASA claims that sleeping with a pineapple plant can help to reduce snoring
  • The plant is said to produce oxygen and improve air quality throughout the night
  • Asda is stocking the plant in stores until January for just £12

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5089829/Can-houseplant-stop-snoring.html#ixzz4ylCycKZX

Voilà!
  • Garden Mum. Pin it. In the NASA research, this plant was an air-purifying champion, removing ammonia, benzene, formaldehyde, and xylene from indoor air. ...
  • Spider Plant. Pin it. ...
  • Dracaena. Pin it. ...
  • Ficus/Weeping Fig. Pin it. ...
  • Peace Lily. Pin it. ...
  • Boston Fern. Pin it. ...
  • Snake Plant/Mother-in-Law's Tongue. Pin it. ...
  • Bamboo Palm. Pin it.

Ask a Question