Hello from a newbie gardener

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Hello from Wyoming, USA. I'm Vienna, but everyone calls me V.

My husband and I have recently purchased our first home. The yard was in bad shape upon moving in, but we're slowly making progress. Next year will be our first attempt at gardening, and we're excited to grow our own veggies. I also have some empty flower beds in the front yard that have potential, and I can't wait to add some color.

We also started working with backyard chickens this summer. We're starting to get eggs. More than anything, it's just fun to watch them on summer evening. We've been letting them free range in the back yard during the evenings and the back yard looks so much better than the front.

By day/night I work as a photographer (senior, dance, fitness/gym) and I work with some dance companies and studios as their strength and conditioning coach. I work with girls from 10 through adults in both individual and group settings, preparing them for dance seasons or competitions. (I'm proud to say my girls sustain far fewer injuries than those of studios without a SC coach during a long and grueling competition season).

And my better half works as a range manager for the USDA. He never ate veggies growing up, but now he's dedicated to his health far more and, like me, loves his freshly grown produce.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
giphy11.gif

It is so exciting moving into a new house and making it your own...sounds like you have a lot of plans. Chickens are so much fun to watch.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hey V, welcome to GF :). You'll fit right in here by the sounds of things :D.

Ask a Question