Best organic fertilizer for newbie?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I have read and reasearched and know about composting, vermiculture, urine as fertilizer, and a ton of other homemade recipes, but can anyone suggest a great store-bought fertilizer in the meantime? I have fruit trees, I grow vegetables, I have all different kinds of perennials including azaleas, roses, hydrangeas, bulbs etc. My creeping phlox is also looking pretty shabby and brown. I did not realize they were a heavy feeder until recently. I have not been the best at fertilizing. Thank you!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I have read and reasearched and know about composting, vermiculture, urine as fertilizer, and a ton of other homemade recipes, but can anyone suggest a great store-bought fertilizer in the meantime? I have fruit trees, I grow vegetables, I have all different kinds of perennials including azaleas, roses, hydrangeas, bulbs etc. My creeping phlox is also looking pretty shabby and brown. I did not realize they were a heavy feeder until recently. I have not been the best at fertilizing. Thank you!
Where do you live?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I live in zone seven AA, Tennessee. Thank you!
The best commercial fertilizer in Texas is Medina Grow and Green for the price. However, I don't know if it is available where you live. Other excellent organic fertilizers are Fox Farm, Espoma, Dr Earth all of which are available online.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
The best commercial fertilizer in Texas is Medina Grow and Green for the price. However, I don't know if it is available where you live. Other excellent organic fertilizers are Fox Farm, Espoma, Dr Earth all of which are available online.
Thank you! I have not heard of that one from Texas, but I will do a search just in case. I have definitely seen Espoma, and I think I may have also seen one of the others as well. I will read up on them. Thank you again!

Ask a Question