Newbie....

Reaction score
Country
France
Hi,
Just joined, interested always to pick up tips to improved my knowledge of gardening so a forum seems the place to be for that.,
Living in S W France now for 6 years, very settled and enjoying my retirement.

Reaction score
Country
France
Thanks for the Welcome, Logan, have done some posting already..gardening after lunch, looking forward to planting up some new shrubs that I have purchased this week..weather is very pleasant.

Reaction score
Country
France
Welcome @mitchie23 You should enjoy your break, My break is permanent now being retired from work ,but not from life..haha gardening is the best hobby..Lots of people with lots of information to guide you to enjoy your Garden more and more..patience is a requirement I believe. Wonder where you are in the UK, as that does affect goings on in the Garden...I am in SW France the region is Deux Sevres...about half way down France towards the SW....have UK type weather but warmer..log fire burning on low tonight to give you a guide...

Reaction score
Country
France
Bonjour, @Woollie! What are your new shrubs?
Quite a few..;) I wanted a Chilean Potato Vine in Blue and once again my French let me down..should have written ti down Blue Lyclanthe in Francais... would have solved that
.Purchased simple easy grow Shrubs that will hopefully not let me down,,Still not got over the loss of my Monkey Puzzle Tree, 3 years I have taken care over it...... and it just browned and died...Shrubs..St. Johns Wort , Hidcote the type grows to about 1 metre and lot and lots of yellow flowers..very reliable and have had at every home I have lived in...Hydrangea Blue Wave..flat and lacy looking flowers.
Two Lavenders Papillon Rose a typical French Type Flowers like bunny ears. Buddleja a butterfly bush to attract the butterflies:)lots of plants for our Flower Baskets..More to buy soon as this is the year I am determined to get more colour...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States
Quite a few..;) I wanted a Chilean Potato Vine in Blue and once again my French let me down..should have written ti down Blue Lyclanthe in Francais... would have solved that
.Purchased simple easy grow Shrubs that will hopefully not let me down,,Still not got over the loss of my Monkey Puzzle Tree, 3 years I have taken care over it...... and it just browned and died...Shrubs..St. Johns Wort , Hidcote the type grows to about 1 metre and lot and lots of yellow flowers..very reliable and have had at every home I have lived in...Hydrangea Blue Wave..flat and lacy looking flowers.
Two Lavenders Papillon Rose a typical French Type Flowers like bunny ears. Buddleja a butterfly bush to attract the butterflies:)lots of plants for our Flower Baskets..More to buy soon as this is the year I am determined to get more colour...
@Woollie, The lacy looking flowers of Hydrangea Blue Wave sound like they look lovely.

Reaction score
Country
France
They are nice and the other traditional ones are related to old peeps..no offence meant but they were always in oldies gardens when I was a youngun..where did I become one of the oldies..only in age not in life though...:LOL:

Reaction score
Country
France
@Woollie, The lacy looking flowers of Hydrangea Blue Wave sound like they look lovely.]
1614504415644.png

I will be happy if mine turns out like this photo....:)

Ask a Question