Need help identifying this tree/fruit

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello. Does anyone know what kind of tree/fruit this is? It is on my property and I am curious. I am in Los Angeles if that helps. Thank you so much!

IMG_7268.JPG
IMG_7267.JPG

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks for your reply, but it's definitely not and avocado tree. Here are some more photos of the fruit and leaves. Maybe this will help.
IMG_7273.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_7274.JPG
    IMG_7274.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_7275.JPG
    IMG_7275.JPG
    257.5 KB · Views: 42
Reaction score
Country
United States
I have several loquat trees on the property. I know what those look like. This tree is very different. The fruit is larger, about the size of a small avocado. I'm just noticing the fruit this year, so I'm not sure what it's ripening cycle will be, but I just took these photos today. My loquat trees fruited months ago.

Reaction score
Country
United States
White sapote (Casimiroa edulis) is a wonderful fruit. Interestingly, it is in the same family as Citrus, the Rue Family (Rutaceae), though the fruit are completely dissimilar. When I've tried it, I thought it tasted like a pear crossed with a banana. It's endemic to Mexico.

Ask a Question