Need advise

Deb

Reaction score
Hi all. I'm new this forum and hoping to get some much needed advise. I have a very large pine tree planted next to my house. It is at least 30 years old. However its dying and will need to be removed. I have areas of shade planting and areas of sun planting under the tree. The bed face North West. The house provides some shade to the area as the run rotates howeverthere is one area of the bed that remains in shade and this is where my shade plants are. My question is-what do I replace the pine tree with? Thanks

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Deb, welcome to Gardening Forums! (y)

If you have some plants in the 'shade' area that require protection from the sun, then I can understand why you want to put in a replacement for the pine tree. In terms of what you should pick, the choice is really yours! Perhaps an evergreen tree so that you have year-round shade? Also depends on your soil and climate - where in the world are you?

Reaction score
Yes, its important to know where you are in order to be able to make suggestions as to what you should plant. If you liked the pine tree then go with that again. They do grow fairly fast and it will do well in the spot that you are planting it in.

Ask a Question