Ned Advice with Strawberries and Garden Planning

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello everyone!

So, I am condensing my garden to just one reasonable sized area this year. Last year I grew strawberries in their own area (with a few flowers) and the strawberry plants survived the winter so I plan on moving them to the new area. This is where I've run into a bit of a problem.

I am also growing two tomato plants, two pepper plants, some broccoli (first time trying this out) and some potatoes in the same area. The problem is that strawberries don't seem to get along with any of these plants! The plants are pretty spaced out though.

Do you think the strawberry plants will be okay if I plant them in this garden? My current set up plan goes from the back to the front: tomatoes - peppers - broccoli - potatoes -pansies (flowers) - strawberries.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5a
Country
United States
Yes. They will be fine if they are all planted together in the garden. Just make sure you give them all adequate amount of space to properly grow. I haven o problem with my plants growing, but I do have a problem with the squirrels stealing my berries. I'm unable to get any of them for myself ever! It is pretty frustrating.

I wouldn't worry too much about mixing the plants, they all seem to get along fine in the end and grow properly as long as there is enough space. Remember that strawberries will continue to sprout shoots and get bigger where you will have more strawberries every year. Keep this in mind when you decide to plant!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank you dashboardc33 for the reassurance. I figured they were space out enough that it wouldn't be a problem but I just though I would ask the forums too. I guess I was over-thinking things a bit. :)

And thanks pollinator101 for the reply as well.

Ask a Question