Names of flowers

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Barbados
Do you know the names of most of the flowers you see grown in your country? There are some flowers that we see which we may admire, but do not know the name of them. I tend to admire lots of the flowers grown in my country. While I can call a lot of them by name, I sometimes have to ask someone else to identify some of them for me.

How well do you know your flowers by name?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
11b
Country
Brazil
Do you know the names of most of the flowers you see grown in your country?
Do you mean in the wild or on other people's home? Either way, I have no clue.

How well do you know your flowers by name?
I can identify roses, some orchids, chamomile?!, most sunflowers, and madagascar periwinkle, when I see one... And that is all (probably).

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I know a lot of the native species that grow around here, not all, but a lot. I hardly know any non-native species.

Do you mean in the wild or on other people's home?

For me, that's the same thing. Wild plants are what makes my garden. (y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
Right now I wouldn't say I know all that many. I know my favorites, but I've seen a lot of flowers living here that I don't know the names of - and I don't have the language capability in Japanese to ask people when I'm walking by! Lots of beautiful wildflowers that I would love to know more about...maybe I need to learn the phrase to ask what kind of flowers people are growing.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I know the names of many plants that grow in my area. Both my aunt and my mom loved gardening very much and they taught me a lot of things about it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Belgium
I really love flowers, I enjoy the different colours and shapes, but never ask me to name a flower :) People tell me what the name is and I forget. The only flowers I do know are orchids. I have planted some flowers in the garden and I know they are beautiful, but I will have to ask my friends to tell me what they are called.

Reaction score
We had "The Rose Of Sharon" or "Mugunghwa" which is the national flower of Korea...

We also had some popular flowers like the cherry blossom flowers, tulips, white and red roses and white lilies and other ordinary flowers.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
This is a good question. I have just received seeds for plants that are native to my country. I did not know they existed before seeing them in a catalogue. One of them is vanilla grass and another is false sunflower.

I look forward to adding these (hopefully perennials) to the back edges of my little flower gardens.

Ask a Question