Myths of the Wax Apples (Makopa)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Well, I do eat these fruits but I had no idea that they are called Makopa! :p They are so juicy and delicious, I love them. :love:
Do you eat them raw? Do you buy them or maybe you grow them by yourself? How big is this tree? Do you think it's possible to grow it indoors? I know, I have a lot of questions, but I find this topic really interesting:) Makopa is a completely new fruit to me.

Reaction score
Yes, you eat it raw. You slice it in half, take out the seed and eat it as it is or put a little bit of salt on it.

Our family grows both variants, so we don't really buy them, since when it bears fruit, you can have baskets and baskets of fruits from a single tree. It can grow for three meters, I think. It's a tall tree. I doubt that you can grow indoors, though.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Do you eat them raw? Do you buy them or maybe you grow them by yourself? How big is this tree? Do you think it's possible to grow it indoors? I know, I have a lot of questions, but I find this topic really interesting:) Makopa is a completely new fruit to me.
To be honest, I have no idea! I just buy them. But I do know it's a tree and you eat it raw @cheesy-potatoes seem to know a lot about it. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Thank you for your responses!:) Unfortunately, I don't think makopas are available at stores in my area. I've never seen them here. I thought that maybe I could purchase some seeds and try to grow this tree indoors, but I can't do this if it's so big.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
The fruit looks very good unfortunately it does not grown in the States. The plant grows in the tropics only. If I am ever in the tropics I will look for some Makopa fruit.

Reaction score
To be honest, I have no idea! I just buy them. But I do know it's a tree and you eat it raw @cheesy-potatoes seem to know a lot about it. :)

That's because we have trees of those. It's one of my most distinct memories as a kid.

Thank you for your responses!:) Unfortunately, I don't think makopas are available at stores in my area. I've never seen them here. I thought that maybe I could purchase some seeds and try to grow this tree indoors, but I can't do this if it's so big.

Unfortunately, I have never heard of them growing from seeds. My father once planted the stems and branches. You can try the nearest plant nursery or something.

Ask a Question