My lovely Peace Lily

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Hello!

I have a new plant, it's a Peace Lily, also known as Spathiphyllum. It grows really fast, so I'm sure it will bloom soon:D

20151110_091806.jpg

20151110_091827.jpg

Do you grow Peace LIlies too? They're great air-purifiers:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
This is one of the plants that will help purifying your indoor air and I want to have one for my house too. I love how the flower looks. Do you know the color of this peace lily flower yet or will it be a surprise?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
IcyBC - to be honest, I thought that all peace lilies have white flowers:p Do they really come in different color? It's wonderful! I'd love to have a pale pink peace lily.
Sheal - I noticed that peace lilies like growing in dark places, near computers;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Hmmmm, I have a laptop computer Claudine. :D It didn't like the coolness of my house during the winter months as I don't like it too warm. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Haha, I know you have a computer;) I just wanted to say that those plants seem to like growing very close to computers and wifi routers:p The closer, the better:)

Reaction score
Your new "Peace Lily" plant is really lovely! Soon it will bloom beautiful flowers already. I didn't know that it is also a kind of air purifier plant. What we had inside at home are snake plants as our indoor air purifier plants. And it blooms flowers too but once in a blue moon only. We had many of this plants inside our house and outside our garden.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Thank you ReadmeByAmy!:)
Snake plants are really pretty. There are a few of them in my parents' house, but they have never bloomed:(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Haha, I know you have a computer;) I just wanted to say that those plants seem to like growing very close to computers and wifi routers:p The closer, the better:)

Sorry Claudine I think you missed my point. Having a laptop computer means I'm moving around with it, it doesn't stay in one position so the plant won't be near it. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Sorry Claudine I think you missed my point. Having a laptop computer means I'm moving around with it, it doesn't stay in one position so the plant won't be near it. :)
Oh, okay, I understand now:) Haha:p

My peace liliy has two new leaves, but it hasn't bloomed yet.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I know, but I'm a very impatient person, I can't wait to see those flowers:D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
A small update on my peace lily:

20151210_095356.jpg

As you can see, it developed a few new leaves, but it still hasn't bloomed.

Reaction score
Wow, your peace lily is huge! I had no idea you liked to have big pots inside your apartment :O It looks amazing! Has it bloomed so far?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Thank you!:) I have two really big plants in my apartment, they both belonged to my mom. The other one is a ficus benjamina.
The peace lily hasn't bloomed yet, but I hope it will soon. It keeps developing new leaves:)

Ask a Question