Lovely white roses

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
My boyfriend gave me truly beautiful roses today. He even made a vase from a plastic bottle!

I love roses:)

tmp_DSC_0679-631424099.jpg

tmp_DSC_06731728791699.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
The roses are lovely, @claudine! Were they for any special occasion or just because? Maybe he got them to make you feel better without your dormant roses you left behind at your parents? I love flowers and certain ones just seem to look so much better in white than pink, yellow, or red.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Thank you! He gave me them, because I've been really sad and stressed lately. He wanted to cheer me up a little:)
Right now, I'm sitting next to this lovely bouquet. I look at it at least three times a minute, it's so pretty!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Thank you! He gave me them, because I've been really sad and stressed lately. He wanted to cheer me up a little:)
Right now, I'm sitting next to this lovely bouquet. I look at it at least three times a minute, it's so pretty!

That's very sweet of him, I'm sure you've had your hands full just getting things sorted out in the new place.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Yes, it has been a busy time. Also. I have family problems, my mom is ill, so I've been really depressed lately. Those flowers made me feel a little better. It's always nice to have something pretty to look at.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Those are really beautiful, and it was a nice and kind act. Hopefully you cheered up and in turn cheered him up. I'm sure he doesn't want to see a beautiful lady down, I know I'd try to cheer them up. It's just in my nature.

But again, those flowers are beautiful.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Thank you, Shimus, for your kind words!:) Yes, I cheered up a little. White roses are my favorite flowers and looking at them always relaxes me. They made my living room prettier:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
That is so sweet and you are lucky to have a boyfriend who cares so deeply and wants nothing more than to cheer you up. I am sorry that your mom is ill and I hope she gets better very soon. Moving out on your own can be a very stressful time when you are trying to get all of your personal effects in order, and to have a sick mom on top of it all. Keep your chin up, things will get better.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Thank you so much, Rosyrain! I'm going through a difficult time now but I try not to think about. There is no point in worrying. So I smile a lot and surround myself with beautiful flowers:) It makes me feel better.

Reaction score
Country
United States
It's all we can do. I feel lonely all the time but I like to talk to keep my mind occupied, and I watch shows to view other peoples trials and adventures as an escape to remind myself life isn't so bad. I guess we all need our respective "Outs"

Speaking of white roses, pretty:

white-rose-bouquet-157-400x250.jpg

Look so pretty grown wild. Anyone who can hate this flower is inhuman.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I have been dealing with a bit of aloneness too, but I think it has more to do with the weather than anything. You just have to surround yourself with things that make you happy and wait for all the sad feelings to pass.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
The roses are very pretty. The grey skies and cold weather has alot of people feeling a little down. Bright lights may help to brighten your mood.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Thank you, you all are very sweet:) I don't feel lonely, but I'm very sad, because my family is going through a hard time. Of course worrying won't change anything, so I try to keep myself busy and not to think too much. Looking at lovely flowers helps a little too. I have a lot of hyacinths in my new apartment. Tomorrow, I'll take pictures of them and show you. They haven't bloomed yet, but they're really pretty.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
That's incredibly sweet of your boyfriend to do that for you.

Ah Germany. They have such lovely spring festivals all decked out with flowers and stuff. My mother lived in Germany for almost 30 years before coming to the states. She had photos of her standing near huge floats covered in thousands of flowers.

Ask a Question