My lemon plant (from seed) is dying and I don't know why

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I started growing some plants around December time and one was a lemon plant, it's been in the window sill for the whole tile in a large pot, it was doit quite well except recently in the last month or so it's been looking really bad and the leaves have started curling? I really don't want to lose it as I'm planning to plant it outside in the summer. The pot is way larger than the plant as you can see in the photos and the bottom compost soil in the pot doesnt seem to ever dry out, I haven't watered it in a week or two because I was trying to to dry out the roots and the bottom area of the soil? Is this killing it? I really need help :(
IMG_20180302_223440.jpg
IMG_20180302_223444.jpg
IMG_20180302_223448.jpg
IMG_20180302_223437.jpg

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I might be wrong. They are not dying. You can see the growth. It needs ericaceous compost, light, warmth and rainwater. It might help to add a citrus feed.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I'm a newb here but I would think maybe replant it in a different pot with some fresh soil.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I'm a newb here but I would think maybe replant it in a different pot with some fresh soil.
Spring is almost here. I would not repot if you are going to place the plant in the ground. It is just too wet. Perhaps if you placed a fan close by it would help draw up the excess moisture or maybe you could drill more holes in the container to help it dry out.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom

Incorporate some horticultural sand and ericaceous compost and water with rain water and place in a bright place. The top tips look OK!

Ask a Question