Using orchid fertilizer in lemon tree plants?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Well, orchid fertiliser, although relatively high in nitrogen, is pretty weak, so it shouldn't harm your lemon tree, and should suit it fine.

Reaction score
As there are plenty of nitrogen rich and citrus specific fertilizers available - I'm not altogether sure why you would want to use an orchid specific fertilizer on your lemon tree o_O

However - if you were considering using an orchid fertilizer on your lemon trees - as all citrus trees need a fertilizer that is high in nitrogen - I would recommend that before using it - you read the ingredients first - as not all orchid fertilizers are high in nitrogen :)

Reaction score
I definitely wouldn't use a orchid specific fertilizer if I planned to do something with the lemons from that tree later on! Why don't you just use an organic fertilizer? I'm sure you will get great results and you'll not be exposing your health or the health of the others living in your place :)

Reaction score
Go with a fertilizer that is made specifically for your type of plants. It doesn't really make sense to use orchid fertilizer on lemon trees or any other citrus plants.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
You need to check the ingredient list. I noticed that many different fertilizers have exactly the same ingredients, lol;)
Last year, I used a green plants fertilizer on my miniature roses. It didn't harm them, just the opposite: they started growing really fast and blooming like crazy.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I sprayed my indoor lemon tree with orchid spray because I had it and thought it would feed the tree. Almost all the leaves on the lemon tree fell off after spraying . Poor baby 20210116_164848.jpg

Ask a Question