My Japanese Puton in Spring Bloom and Winter Bones

Reaction score
I'll certainly take a photo of it. It's so wonderful to have all you guys interested in such things. It's not everyone "thing", is it? :confused: It's great not having to be careful not to bore people:LOL:

Lol, I know what you mean ;) But to be honest the people who find this kind of things boring are those who don't take the time to appreciate the small but meaningful things in life ;) I like to see the beautiful side of everything (y) Looking forward to it!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
Just double checked and I have spelt it incorrectly....Japanese Powton.....also known as Sapphire Dragon Paulownia, Empress Tree or Princes Tree. Apparently a native of China so I don't know where I got the Japanese from. It's the name I think I was give when I bought it, well that's how I remember it

That's okay! I was just curious because it is a beautiful tree indeed! I think here in Japan they call it the Kiri Tree...if it's the same one I am thinking of! It's customary to plant those trees when a baby girl is born!

Reaction score
Wow, that tree is gorgeous. It reminds me a bit of a Cherry Blossom. I would love to see something like this in my backyard every day. I bet it makes for a relaxing day when sitting outside.

Ask a Question